Thread: Visit to Grayton Recap
07-30-2005, 08:40 PM #1
Visit to Grayton Recap
Wow. Just got back to God's country a few hours ago. Loved the Grayton area. A brief recap:
1.Fire ant invasion in our Grayton rental resulted in a move to a sweeeet Blue Mountain pad 24 hours after check-in. Too bad the Blue Mountain Inn folks were tools and we could not use the inn beach access, although our rental was a "beach club member". Solution? Five minute ride to Grayton Beach, the nicest in the area.
2. The only fish I caught was a little bitty white fish with a yellow tail which was found jerkified in my crab net the morning after a successful crab catching night adventure at the public beach in Santa Rosa Beach (Ellis Wallis or something). That beach was also nastier than our local lake beaches back here - too bad, 'cause we caught some crabs! (Catch and release, of course!)
3. Went swimming for the first time in the ocean at Grayton - all my "Jaws" fears were left behind once and for all, although I did enjoy the gentle caress of a jellyfish which wasn't the hellfire agony I was led to believe.
4. Enjoyed a Grayton stingray we watched swim around until it vanished. Made me think a little more about where I stepped in the water.
5. Caught hermit crabs out the hoo-hah. Beautiful shell homes and then back into the water.
6.Pelicans are REALLY ugly but just do their thing. Kinda like me.
7. Took a dolphin tour and actually saw dolphins! A real treat.
8. Visited briefly with the dude at the Yellowfin Charter shop in Grayton. Bought a sweet hat and plan on doing business there next year to catch some fish.
9. A bit distraught when we realized vehicles could drive onto Grayton Beach until we realized everyone was cool and adult.
Overall, we loved Grayton and look forward to coming back. Thanks for having us and for being so nice. Can't wait 'til next year!
By meldavi in forum Rentals - VacationReplies: 9Last Post: 07-17-2005, 07:39 AM
By prception69 in forum All About SoWalReplies: 9Last Post: 06-27-2005, 05:41 PM
By kurt in forum Dining and FoodReplies: 5Last Post: 06-04-2005, 01:52 PM
By FoX in forum Real EstateReplies: 9Last Post: 04-07-2005, 08:06 PM
By graytonrbust in forum All About SoWalReplies: 2Last Post: 02-27-2005, 09:15 PM