10-04-2007, 03:37 PM #1
Back to Nature Festival Oct 19 - 21!
Back to Nature Festival Showcases Beauty of Northwest Florida
Santa Rosa Beach, FL –October 3, 2007
The beaches, forests, and waterways of south Walton County host the 6th annual Back to Nature Festival on October 19 - 21, 2007. Nature lovers from Florida and around the southeast flock to the festival each year to enjoy the unique natural beauty of northwest Florida.
Hiking, kayaking, birdwatching, and river tours are just a few of the planned events. Each event is led by a local expert who guides participants and helps them understand the ecology and special features of local natural and historic areas.
Some of the weekend’s fun events include:
● Kayak along the calm waters of a coastal dune lake, a type of waterway so rare as to be found in only two other places in the world.
● See how history and nature blend at Coffeen Nature Preserve--a beachfront facility in Destin where rockets were tested during World War II.
● Learn about mole crabs, beach mice, and other elements of beach ecology at Grayton Beach State Park—ranked as one of the best beaches in America.
● Take a river tour and learn about the flora, fauna, and early residents who lived along the Choctawhatchee River.
● Take a nighttime stroll along the dark beaches of Grayton Beach State Park, gazing at the stars with a local naturalist who studies the cosmos and will interpret the infinite night sky.
The South Walton Community Council (SWCC) offers the Back to Nature Festival with the idea that as people experience the extraordinary natural world in south Walton County, they will realize that this resource needs preservation and protection. From the Gulf of Mexico to Choctawhatchee River and Bay, encompassing rare coastal dune lakes, a state forest full of trails, and four unique state parks, south Walton is a natural treasure.
For more information on Back to Nature, including a full listing of events and event registration, visit: www.southwaltoncc.org or call (850) 314-3749. The Back to Nature Festival is an approved event of Autumn Tides, a series of fall events supported by the Beaches of South Walton.
By Seaside Rep Theatre in forum Events and ActivitiesReplies: 25Last Post: 10-26-2007, 02:28 PM
By SoWalSally in forum All About SoWalReplies: 1Last Post: 10-11-2006, 07:40 PM
By SoWalSally in forum Music and NightlifeReplies: 0Last Post: 04-08-2006, 09:08 AM