Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gift Idea from Teen Boy to Teen Girlfriend

Images

Gift Idea from Teen Boy to Teen Girlfriend

What would be an appropriate gift for a 15yo boy give to his 15yo girlfriend (going out about 2 mo.)? This is a 1st for my son & he's at a loss at to what to give her. So am I since I have no daughters. I've mentioned stuffed animals & he always says NOOOOOO! I'm not so sure why but my reasoning for this suggestion is it's inexpensive and a rather benign gift. He said the other girls are telling him to buy her a "cute little purse." I'm running out of time here and need some ideas. (He'll wait until Christmas Eve if I let him!!!!!)

Images

Re: Gift Idea from Teen Boy to Teen Girlfriend

How about a CD for her (your son should know what kind of music she likes)? Or cosmetic items like nail polish sets--lots of items like that are geared for teenage girls.

Images

He's leaning toward jewelry, necklace. I think they're too young and that is too personal. I think he thinks that's what he's supposed to give her.
    I will offer your ideas. Those sound perfect to me. Thanks!

Images

I have two daughters (not old enough for a boyfriend yet, but getting close) and I think a necklace or bracelet would be very nice. I would have liked that at age 15 from any boyfriend. They would be delighted and I would enjoy their delight. I'd recommend an inexpensive one from Target or a place like that. Something with a birthstone (even fake birthstone) maybe? They'll most likely break up in the not-to-distant future but the moment itself would be special.
    Paula

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Paula
    I have two daughters (not old enough for a boyfriend yet, but getting close) and I think a necklace or bracelet would be very nice. I would have liked that at age 15 from any boyfriend. They would be delighted and I would enjoy their delight. I'd recommend an inexpensive one from Target or a place like that. Something with a birthstone (even fake birthstone) maybe? They'll most likely break up in the not-to-distant future but the moment itself would be special.
    Well, thank you Paula. These are inputs I need to hear because I am so unsure. And yes, they probably will break up soon so I didn't want to spend too much $$. (Notice I said "I" didn't want to spend too much $$!)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrudy
    He's leaning toward jewelry, necklace. I think they're too young and that is too personal. I think he thinks that's what he's supposed to give her.
    I will offer your ideas. Those sound perfect to me. Thanks!
    I remember thinking that a necklace was that which was expected, and I gave one a time or two.

If going for jewelry, how about some inexpensive, yet funn bracelets? CD's are good, but may seem inadequate in your son's mind.

other potentials:
    -cool address book
    -cool journal
    -diamond ring.....just kidding
    -hand written voucher for a funn evening of a movie and nice dinner with him
    -funn winter hat & scarf
    -picture frame with their picture in it
    -cool note cards or note pads with her name on them
    -pink sidekick .... just kidding
    -books
    -hand written voucher for a date at the paint your own pottery store

You really stumped me. This is a difficult one.

Images

JohnRudy, you don't need to explain the "I." We know what that means! Here are some mall stores that my daughter likes and that you shouldn't have too much trouble finding--Forever 21, Charlotte Ruse, Claire's, H&B. All of them have cute stuff.

Images

When I was 15 the boy that I was "going out with" got me an inexpensive cross necklace. I thought it was so sweet. I still have it. I have had it many years. It brings back alot of memories when I look at it. It takes me back to those youthful days.
    ~If Life is a journey....the BEACH should be the destination!~

Images

Tell him not to give her anything of his. When I was 15, I gave my girlfriend a little sterling dove on a necklace and when she split, so did it. It was given to me by my grandmother the day I was born. Biiiaatch!
    I know I don't get there often enough,
    but God knows I surely try
    It's a magic kind of medicine,
    that no doctor could prescribe.

Images

Awww, now I'm starting to get weepy. These are ALL great and thoughtful ideas. I'm guessing this could be a really sweet memory for both. (It just makes me nervous, since I've already discovered them kissing, lieing prone, etc., 3 times ) I just don't want to encourage anything furthur. I've been giving this a lot of thought! (New territory for us!) And, this is his 2nd girlfriend since the beginning of school. Mr. Johnrudy is not handling this very well.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Landlocked
    Tell him not to give her anything of his. When I was 15, I gave my girlfriend a little sterling dove on a necklace and when she split, so did it. It was given to me by my grandmother the day I was born. Biiiaatch!
    No way. I've already decided to ask (tell) him not to do that! That reminds me, I don't think I've seen him wearing his Confirmation cross lately!!! Oh NOOOO!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid
    JohnRudy, you don't need to explain the "I." We know what that means! Here are some mall stores that my daughter likes and that you shouldn't have too much trouble finding--Forever 21, Charlotte Ruse, Claire's, H&B. All of them have cute stuff.
    We may hit some of these stores this afternoon. Thanks!

Images

Awww, now I'm starting to get weepy. These are ALL great and thoughtful ideas. I'm guessing this could be a really sweet memory for both. (It just makes me nervous, since I've already discovered them kissing, lieing prone, etc., 3 times ) I just don't want to encourage anything furthur. I've been giving this a lot of thought! (New territory for us!) And, this is his 2nd girlfriend since the beginning of school. Mr. Johnrudy is not handling this very well.
    Were both of them lieing prone? Or were they ... nevermind, GKF may be reading. :oops:

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling JOe
    I remember thinking that a necklace was that which was expected, and I gave one a time or two.

If going for jewelry, how about some inexpensive, yet funn bracelets? CD's are good, but may seem inadequate in your son's mind.

other potentials:
    -cool address book
    -cool journal
    -diamond ring.....just kidding
    -hand written voucher for a funn evening of a movie and nice dinner with him
    -funn winter hat & scarf
    -picture frame with their picture in it
    -cool note cards or note pads with her name on them
    -pink sidekick .... just kidding
    -books
    -hand written voucher for a date at the paint your own pottery store

You really stumped me. This is a difficult one.
    SJ, you really DO know a little about A LOT of things!! Thanks for all these great gift ideas! (I'd love to have any one of these!) I was thinking about a cool, leather-bound journal, too.

Images

Were both of them lieing prone? Or were they ... nevermind, GKF may be reading. :oops:
    Both! :oops: I had to say something to them. Mr. JR was horrified, mouth dropped to the floor when I told him. I can tell he's going to be useless in this department. But an otherwise great dad!

Images

I shouldn't be laughing now, but I am. When my daughter was 15 (she's a junior now) she had this adorable boyfriend who she was just crazy about. He came over to our house and the two of them went downstairs to the TV room to watch a movie. All doors open, of course. But just to be sure there were no hijinks going on, I took a load of laundry downstairs (good prop, so I wouldn't be accused of "spying") and I looked in on them.

There was my daughter stretched out on the loveseat with the boyfriend. They were awfully close. I nearly fainted. I dashed over to my best friend's house right away and told her I was in need of serious libation to get over the shock of what I'd seen (luckily it was cocktail hour; what a relief!). I was really shaken. I had a glass of wine and started telling my tale of woe and then I had another glass of wine and continued the tale of woe and I got really tipsy by the time I went back home. So much for responsible parenting on my part!

If I had only known that snuggling on the loveseat would be the most innocent thing I'd have to face. (sorry johnrudy; you're in for a wild and crazy ride now that you're part of the dating scene!).

Images

Perfume. Girls like the perfumes from A&F, AE, Tommy, etc., so I've been told, although I don't have a girl either.

Images

I will suggest the perfume. Thanks, dbuck.

And yes Mermaid, I'm sure there are lots of experienced parents laughing. It's just so hard to relax, even in our own home with lots of other kids around! Our house is not THAT big and all the doors are always open too. It's just gonna get worse, I know! I've heard from a couple of my son's friends that say this girl is obsessed with him, etc. THAT is very frightening. Meaning she might be willing to do anything. Oh, I hope not. That's why I want to buy a stuffed animal as a gift!
    (OK, someone might want to keep their 10yo off this thread. )

Images

Doors open, doors closed, it does not matter much. In fact, you can remove the doors from the hinges and that won't stop kids from doing what they want to do. Just keep taking the laundry by their hangout.

Images

Doors open, doors closed, it does not matter much. In fact, you can remove the doors from the hinges and that won't stop kids from doing what they want to do. Just keep taking the laundry by their hangout.
    Now you're making me laugh even harder! We did the doors-off-the-hinges routine with our son. It didn't make one iota of difference and we put them back on.

Kids are krafty creatures.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid
    Now you're making me laugh even harder! We did the doors-off-the-hinges routine with our son. It didn't make one iota of difference and we put them back on.

Kids are krafty creatures.
    Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It's sort of amusing to me, tho. I'm learning a lot about my husband that I never knew! He says these things like, "WE never did stuff like that" or "What's up with that?" or "We were never home - we just hung out somewhere, blah, blah, blah." This business of teens hanging out here, getting food out of the fridge at their leisure, etc., playing the music loud (sometimes) lots of laughter and squealing, just un-nerves him! I keep telling him that kids DO do this stuff, that it IS normal and they're having FUNN! He gets so tense. I have enough to worry about - - trying to do the "laundry" in the basement while they're all down there!!

Images

Johnrudy,

My daughter (14) would love the stuffed animal, especially one that was really soft. An inexpensive neclace would be a big hit too.

We're in the opposite predicament - what to get a 14 yr.old boy (only been going out 3 weeks). Do they all just rush to get a gf/bf before Christmas so they can get more gifts?

Many of these crushes don't last over a month or two, which is probably OK!
    Keeps things from getting as serious.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rita
    Johnrudy,

My daughter (14) would love the stuffed animal, especially one that was really soft. An inexpensive neclace would be a big hit too.

We're in the opposite predicament - what to get a 14 yr.old boy (only been going out 3 weeks). Do they all just rush to get a gf/bf before Christmas so they can get more gifts?

Many of these crushes don't last over a month or two, which is probably OK!
    Keeps things from getting as serious.
    My son loves music, so I know he'd love a c.d. But I also know he'd be thrilled with a stuffed animal too. I think he'd think it was really "special" coming from a "girlfriend."

Images

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It's sort of amusing to me, tho. I'm learning a lot about my husband that I never knew! He says these things like, "WE never did stuff like that" or "What's up with that?" or "We were never home - we just hung out somewhere, blah, blah, blah." This business of teens hanging out here, getting food out of the fridge at their leisure, etc., playing the music loud (sometimes) lots of laughter and squealing, just un-nerves him! I keep telling him that kids DO do this stuff, that it IS normal and they're having FUNN! He gets so tense. I have enough to worry about - - trying to do the "laundry" in the basement while they're all down there!!
    Same thing going on here, too. Merman isn't around the kids as much as I am. I find that I'm the one who has to deal with the kid issues the most. But that's a good thing. My kids are now 17 and almost 19 years old and they tell me EVERYTHING, a result, no doubt, of all the "time" I put in dealing with them in their early teens.

Images

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Tell hubby he should be thankful that your son feels comfortable inviting his friends over. It is a compliment to you, believe it or not. Besides it's alot easier keeping an eye on them in your house.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by dbuck
    Tell hubby he should be thankful that your son feels comfortable inviting his friends over. It is a compliment to you, believe it or not. Besides it's alot easier keeping an eye on them in your house.
    I agree and keep telling him that. But then he gets all "huffy." Too bad!

Images

My son loves music, so I know he'd love a c.d. But I also know he'd be thrilled with a stuffed animal too. I think he'd think it was really "special" coming from a "girlfriend."
    Really? I think that's great, but would have not thought the boys would like the stuffed animal idea....hmmm.

Images

Really? I think that's great, but would have not thought the boys would like the stuffed animal idea....hmmm.
    Maybe you're right. I think he might be a little bit embarrassed, but I still think he'd like it if he could get away with it. I think he'd be touched that a girl would want to give it to him. (He's a real softie, not a jock.)

Images

SJ, you really DO know a little about A LOT of things!! Thanks for all these great gift ideas! (I'd love to have any one of these!) I was thinking about a cool, leather-bound journal, too.
    Leather and bound don't go too good together in the same sentence. Just kidding.

Images

[QUOTE=Johnrudy]What would be an appropriate gift for a 15yo boy give to his 15yo girlfriend (going out about 2 mo.)? This is a 1st for my son & he's at a loss at to what to give her. So am I since I have no daughters. I've mentioned stuffed animals & he always says NOOOOOO! I'm not so sure why but my reasoning for this suggestion is it's inexpensive and a rather benign gift. He said the other girls are telling him to buy her a "cute little purse." I'm running out of time here and need some ideas. (He'll wait until Christmas Eve if I let him!!!!!)[/QUOT

Heres another idea, Old Navy has these great little sequined zipper clutches (small purse) for ten dollars.....my neices are that age and loved them.
    Give me the splendid silent sun.....Walt Whitman

Images

Quote Originally Posted by KISH7374
    Leather and bound don't go too good together in the same sentence. Just kidding.
    It doesn't sound good, does it!?! (They're still a little young for that yet.)

Images

Bath & Body Works gift set...that is the route I always went.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bsmart
    Yes, bsmart, you can't go wrong with Bath & Body Works!!!!
    ~If Life is a journey....the BEACH should be the destination!~

Images

Good idea! Thanks ~

Images

Good idea! Thanks ~

Your welcome...if I remember correctly I was always told that Juniper Breeze, Sweet Pea, and Cucumber Melon are the most popular.

Images

Your welcome...if I remember correctly I was always told that Juniper Breeze, Sweet Pea, and Cucumber Melon are the most popular.
    I'll take him and it will be interesting to see what frangrance he picks out. I may have to step in and help!

Images

If she possibly likes him more than he likes her, I'd recommend a bracelet rather than a necklace. A necklace seems more "personal". The perfume seems to be a good idea, too. I'm not sure about Claires. It may be too "young" for a 15 year old (our 13.5 year old is getting past Claire's now).
    Paula

Images

If she possibly likes him more than he likes her, I'd recommend a bracelet rather than a necklace. A necklace seems more "personal". The perfume seems to be a good idea, too. I'm not sure about Claires. It may be too "young" for a 15 year old (our 13.5 year old is getting past Claire's now).
    Thanks for that info. I've never even been in Claires!

Images

Johnrudy, I asked Jackie and she suggested maybe a "Build-a-Bear".
    She's still stumped on what to get her boyfriend though. More suggestions welcome! At least she will do the shopping.
    Last edited by Rita; 12-13-2005 at 11:12 PM.

Images

My daughter just said a pretty necklace would be a great present.

Images

Johnrudy, I asked Jackie and she suggested maybe a certificate to "Build-a-Bear".
    She's still stumped on what to get her boyfriend though. More suggestions welcome! At least she will do the shopping.
    I will ask him now and get back to you!
    Thanks to you and everyone for the great advice!
    (Gotta watch the finale of the Amazing Race.)

Images

Correction about the Build A Bear!
    Jackie says:
    "You don't want to get a gift certificate, because that's a little too impersonal. If you go to Build A Bear, be sure to build it yourself and if they ask you to sing, sing just for the fun of it so that you can tell your gf/bf that you went through a lot to get this."

Images

Correction about the Build A Bear!
    Jackie says:
    "You don't want to get a gift certificate, because that's a little too impersonal. If you go to Build A Bear, be sure to build it yourself and if they ask you to sing, sing just for the fun of it so that you can tell your gf/bf that you went through a lot to get this."
    Whew....much better take on the Build A Bear!!! NO GC's for gf!!!!

Images

Cucumber Melon is very popular with the age of your son's girlfriend. Both my girls like it and if the girlfriend doesn't, b&B is great about exchanges. Keep us posted.

Images

Teen boy to teen girl. This is easy. Just tell him to rip his heart out, put it on a silver platter and give it to her. This will eventually happen anyway

Sorry couldn't resist

Images

Johnrudy, I asked Jackie and she suggested maybe a "Build-a-Bear".
    I asked my son and he wasn't much help. But he did say a c.d. or a band tee shirt (even tho he dosen't wear those but knows lots of boys who are into that). He said he'd probably like one of those bracelets or necklaces they sell at Hollister. Sort of that surfer look. But he said the jocks don't like that look, so...
    He finally decided that he'd like clothes. But I'm remembering when he was 14 last year, he wouldn't have wanted clothes! Sorry I couldn't help you more! Good luck.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter
    Teen boy to teen girl. This is easy. Just tell him to rip his heart out, put it on a silver platter and give it to her. This will eventually happen anyway

Sorry couldn't resist

In the words of the late Lewis Grizzard,

she "Tore My Heart Out and Stomped that Sucker Flat."
    I know I don't get there often enough,
    but God knows I surely try
    It's a magic kind of medicine,
    that no doctor could prescribe.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Landlocked
    In the words of the late Lewis Grizzard,

she "Tore My Heart Out and Stomped that Sucker Flat."
    Hopefully this won't be happening at 15!!!!!! Too young for such passion and pain!!!

Images

We're getting our girls ready for those broken hearts and are planning to make a CD with "get-over-it" songs like: I will survive, These boots were Made for walking, Hit the Road Jack, Get Off of My Cloud, etc. Any other ideas?
    Paula

Images

We're getting our girls ready for those broken hearts and are planning to make a CD with "get-over-it" songs like: I will survive, These boots were Made for walking, Hit the Road Jack, Get Off of My Cloud, etc. Any other ideas?
    Phil Collins "I Don't Care Anymore".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast