Thread: Need Job in South Walton
08-01-2009, 09:05 PM #1
Need Job in South Walton
Hello, I was a resident in Seagrove for 8 years and recently had to return to Dallas, TX. I am looking for any position in South Walton to be able to return to the area. I had owned my own computer business for 18 years but with the decline in the economy went back to waiting tables at the end of 2008. I was working at Baja Grille in Pier Park and they closed their doors in May 2009 forcing me to return to Dallas. I have a broad range of experience especially in computer hardware, software, web design and Internet Marketing. During my time owning my own business I've done everything from Internet sales as a one man business to owning my own retail store and managing 25 employees. I also have about 5 years experience waiting tables, and 4 years experience in restuarant managment. In all of my work experiences I have always had direct contact with customers and been very customer service oriented. Because of my computer and Internet experience I would be a strong asset to any company that in addition to other job duties needed help with maintaining their computers, website, network, Internet marketing, etc. I also have experience integrating the MLS data into real estate websites.
Because of my years experience running my own businesses, my work ethic requires me to do any job that I do for someone else as I would want it done for me if I were the business owner. I am very reliable and do not drink or take drugs. I have pasted my resume below for review. Please contact me to arrange an interview.
J. Gary Fischer
3907 Dublin Rd, Allen, Texas 75002 • 850.213.6308 0r 972.424.7021 • EZTekDirect@gmail.com
To obtain a position that maximizes the use of my broad range of experience, provides a challenging work environment and daily interaction with others.
I have 24 years wide range experience in computer related expertise. I have experience in hardware, software, Internet audio and video broadcasting, web development and networking. My first computer related job was as a field technician testing and repairing Intertec Data Systems PCs in 1980. I then attended the University of North Texas in their Computer Science program. However, I left school in my Junior year to enter the job market because my wife and I were expecting our first child. After North Texas I became a Functional Test Tech for DSC Communications repairing digital cross connects at the component level. I started my own company in 1991 purchasing large loads of returned computer equipment from major retailers, testing, repairing as needed and re-marketing. I opened a retail computer store in 1994 call Fischer MICRO located in Plano, TX. I employed a staff of 25, sold repaired returns, as well as built clone PCs providing them to DFW area individuals and businesses. At the peak of this retail business, Fischer MICRO was selling over 400 custom built machines per month. Many of these custom systems were purchased by DFW area business and Fischer MICRO often installed and networked the systems providing also the networking hardware and wiring for the networks. Fischer MICRO was also a service center for Packard Bell/NEC and was an area leader marketing Factory Refurbished Packard Bell computers. I began marketing on the Internet in 1993. The Fischer MICRO website was listed as one of the top 100 sites in the US in Yahoo Internet Life, a print publication put out by Yahoo in the early days of their company. In 1996 Fischer MICRO was one of twenty beta sites linked to Microsoft.com highlighting their new ecommerce package at the time, Microsoft Merchant. I have always done my own web development and taught a middle school class in web development for two years and one in PC assembly for one year. I was the engineer for the schools LPFM Radio station, setup and maintained the online audio stream of their broadcast. In 1998 I began marketing products exclusively on the Internet and closed Fischer MICRO. In 2005 I started a Wireless ISP in Northwest Florida called WirelessPla.net. I would now like to gain employment putting my years of experience to work for a company in which I can interact more with others as a team member and be part of a larger business than I have run on my own in the past. I work very well with others and have excellent communication skills allowing me to understand and perform duties usually above expectations as well as lead, direct and motivate others to do the same. I have a work ethic that allows me to perform duties as I would expect them to be done if I were the owner of the business. I am very technically minded and a problem solver by nature. I learn new skills quickly and have always had a passion for determining the most efficient way to accomplish a given task. I have not had a need for certifications being self-employed. Because I am seeking employment in the corporate market now, I am attending classes at MyComputerCareer.com in Dallas and will be obtaining the following certifications: CompTIA A+, MCDST, MCTS, MCP, MCSA, and CCENT. I will have the first four certifications before the end of September 2009 and the last two before the end of January 2010. I have a certification from IWA - the International Webmasters Association, in Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing.
Microsoft Office - Word - Excel - Access - PowerPoint - Outlook, Microsoft Frontpage, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Merchant, Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Exchange Server, MS SQL, MySQL, OpenOffice, Adobe Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, AutoCAD, Corel DRAW, Adobe Flash, Microsoft Media Services, Swish, Apache, osCommerce, Cart32, and a variety of open-source web applications.
CP/M, MS-DOS, MS-Windows 3.X, MS-Windows 95, MS-Windows 98, MS-Windows NT, MS-Windows XP, MS-Windows Vista, MS-Windows Server 2000 & 2003
Pascal, Basic, FORTRAN, Visual Basic, VB-Script, Java Script, HTML, DHTML, CSS, PHP, CFM, ASP, Perl
Virtually all Intel or Intel Compatible PCs - Switches, Routers, Hubs, Gateways, Access Points from a wide range of manufacturers both in hardwired and wireless implementations.
Fischer Enterprises, Plano, TX and Santa Rosa Beach, FL 1991-2009
• Operated under the names Fischer Enterprises, Fischer MICRO, and WirelessPla.net
• Conducted live auctions selling computer hardware and software in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin and Shreveport.
• Fischer MICRO retail location in Plano, TX from 1994-1998.
• Ran WirelessPla.net a wireless ISP in Santa Rosa Beach, FL from 2005 through 2009
• Tested and repaired bulk loads of returned computer related hardware
• Developed websites for this company as well as client websites including dynamic database driven e-Commerce and online auction sites
• Setup numerous networks wired and wireless.
• Setup and maintained 15 public WIFI Hotspots under the name WirelessPla.net. Equipment used were dual radio Proxim AP-2500 ORiNOCO Access Points with 2 - 1 Watt YDI 2.4Ghz Amplifiers, and either 8 dBi Flat Panel antennas, 12 dBi Omni Waveguide antennas or a combination of both.
• Setup long distance Point-to-Point WIFI connections. Longest distance achieved and maintained was just over 6 miles.
• Performed R&D functions determining best long-range WIFI configurations. Built numerous 2.4Ghz WIFI Antenna designs.
• Installed client Windows and Novell networks, including wiring, hardware and software configuration.
• Maintained our own company network.
• Setup and maintained our web server for our web presence as well as web servers for clients
• Was an authorized service center from 1994-1998 for Packard Bell/NEC
• Employed and managed a staff of 25 people during the time the Fischer MICRO retail store was open in Plano, TX.
• Created and managed online, print and radio advertising campaigns. Print advertising included daily display ads in the Dallas Morning News business section and display ads in Computer Shopper national magazine. Radio advertising was done through KRLD in Dallas, KLTY in Dallas and the Dallas sports radio station The Ticket.
DSC Communications, Plano, TX
Functional Test Technician
• Tested and repaired at component level, individual boards in DS1 and DS3 Digital Cross Connects
• Used digital storage scopes, network analyzers, frequency counters, frequency generators, soldering and desoldering equipment. Maintained computers in test area.
Caduceus, Plano, TX 1980-1982
• Tested new Intertec Data Systems desktop PCs being sold primarily in the medical field.
• Performed on-site warranty support work on Intertec Data Systems desktop PCs in the field.
Worked as a waiter and an assistant manager for Dominoes Pizza 1982-1988 while attending school. Sometimes part time, sometimes full-time.
Volunteer Teacher in Seaside Neighborhood School - Web Development
Volunteer Teacher in Seaside Neighborhood School - PC Assembly
Volunteer Engineer 107.1LPFM Seaside Radio Station
• Plano Senior High School 1982
• University of North Texas - Computer Science 1982-1988
I did not earn a degree. I left school at the junior level to begin my career.
By waterst1 in forum Local Government and GroupsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-02-2008, 08:06 AM
By sassysue920 in forum All About SoWalReplies: 119Last Post: 12-06-2007, 10:36 AM
By relaygirl in forum All About SoWalReplies: 1Last Post: 10-11-2006, 06:41 PM
By Anonymous in forum Local Government and GroupsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-08-2005, 08:52 AM