02-14-2010, 02:46 PM #1
Raspberry TARTS (for Valentine's Day)Description: From Family Fun MagazineTime: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup ground walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups seedless raspberry jam
I love Jesus, but I drink a little. ~Gladys
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, egg yolks, butter, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla extract, then knead until it forms a soft dough. Chill for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8 inch thick. Cut a heart for the bottom of the cookie sandwich, and a heart with a smaller heart cut in it for the top. Brush the tops with the egg whites. Mix the walnuts with the 2 tablespoons of sugar and sprinkle on the cookie tops. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Spread the bottom hearts with a layer of jam and put the tops on. Makes about 26
DD, I toad you it was pucking hot.~~Kitty
"You're my fun, drunk aunt" ~~Layla to Vanessa 2011
YUM! Are there steps missing to mess with us?Helping others is a gift.
02-14-2010, 04:56 PM #3
- Join Date
- Aug 2005
- grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal