Thread: US98 Sports Camps
04-12-2010, 01:16 PM #1
US98 Sports Camps
Soccer and Lacrosse will be just two of the offerings this summer. We are also looking into Golf and Flag-Football Camps, amongst others.
We are still working on nailing down dates, but we want everyone to know that there will be sports-a-plenty offered to Our Walton County and Emerald Coast Youth, vacationers and permanent residents alike!
We'll keep you updated here, but please drop us an email to make sure you are staying current on what is happening along US98 and The Emerald Coast via our e-newsletter, and/or to leave your comments or questions.
04-15-2010, 12:54 PM #2
In an effort to help parents schedule their children's summer activities this shortened-summer break year, here is a "tentative" schedule, to be finalized by May 3rd:
US98 SPORTS' Y.E.S. CAMPS & CHALLENGER CAMPS TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
June 14th -18th, 1:00-4:00PM: Lax Attack Camp (South Walton)
June 21st - 25th, 1:00-4:00PM: Lax Attack Camp (Freeport or South Walton)
June 28th - July 2nd (Time TBD): Golf Camp (South Walton)
July 5th - July 9th (Time TBD): Golf Camp (Freeport or South Walton)
July 12th - 16th, (Time TBD): US98 Soccer Camp, featuring INTER98 Coaches (South Walton)
July 19th - 23rd (Half Day or Full Day): Challenger Soccer Camp, featuring English Soccer Instructors (Freeport)
July 26th - 30th (Half Day or Full Day): Challenger Tetra-Brasil Camp, featuring Brasilian Soccer Instructors (South Walton)
August 2nd - 6th (Time TBD): Flag-Football Camp (Freeport)
05-11-2010, 12:37 PM #3
Y.E.S. We Camp!
The Gulf Coast's Florida Panhandle will have PLENTY of healthy, educational, and fun fitness options this Summer. Join us!
05-25-2010, 03:35 PM #4
06-19-2010, 08:02 AM #5
US98 Lax Attack!!
The Young Buccaneers (the "Young Bucs") are sowing the seeds of lacrosse taking root in South Walton and the Florida Panhandle. The first week at Helen McCall could not have gone much better. BIG Thanx to Lax Coach Brian "Big Country" Peterson, Fitness Coach Paul Hunter (of US98 Sports & Fitness), Yoga Yogi Milla Hopkins, and all of the young participants, who got to take not only their new found knowledge and skills, but also lacrosse sticks and balls, home with them at the end of the session!
Next week, June 21st - 25th, US98 Lax Attack Camp will be at Freeport Regional Sports Complex. Sign up at US98 Sports!!
Pics from the past week attached.
Last edited by US98 Sports; 06-19-2010 at 08:11 AM.
06-21-2010, 11:28 AM #6
US98 Lax Attack Camp in Freeport, at Freeport Regional Sports Complex, THIS WEEK, starting TODAY at 1:00PM!
A limited number of free sticks and balls will be provided to the participants. Don't wait, get REGISTERED and JOIN THE FUN TODAY!!
Sign-up online, www.us98sports.com, or show up with registration and payment.
06-22-2010, 05:09 PM #7
Lax Attack Camp Video:
Due to popular demand, we'll be holding another week of US98 Lax Attack Camp from Monday, August 2nd - Friday, August 6th!
Last edited by US98 Sports; 06-22-2010 at 05:10 PM.
07-01-2010, 08:54 AM #8
Just a reminder that we will be having the 1st-Ever GOLF US98 Camp at Origins Golf Course in WaterSound (North of Hwy. 98) coming up next week! We'll have a "Chippers" Division for the youngest and newest golfers, and we will have a "Drivers" Division for the more seasoned and older golfers. Camp starts promptly at 9:00AM on Monday, July 5th.
This will be a perfect tune-up for the Inaugural Summer 2010 GOLF US98 Match-Play League, which will start the following week, at the Beautiful Origins Golf Course, with Match-Play beginning that Friday, July 16th. Find out more here.
Also, the week of July 12th - 16th, the wildly successful US98 SOCCER Camp kicks off its 3rd Year! Here again, we will have two divisions. We will have the "Blue" Division for the younger and newer players, and we will have the "Red" Division for the older and more experienced players. Camp starts promptly at 9:00AM at Helen McCall Park on Monday, July 12th.
And of course, each camp includes the beneficial attributes of Yoga Instruction with Milla Hopkins and Health & Fitness Instruction with Paul Hunter.
Find out more and get signed up online at US98Sports - Home, NOW!!
Last edited by US98 Sports, Inc.; 07-01-2010 at 08:56 AM.
07-23-2010, 08:28 PM #9
07-25-2010, 07:03 PM #10
Looks like we should have a decent turnout for the Summer 2010 US98 GRIDIRON Y.E.S. Camp! It's not too late for you, and your friends, to sign up also. Just head to US98Sports - Home.
Here's more info for you and to share:
1) Age of Participation for US98 GRIDIRON Y.E.S. Camp is 5 Years Old and up.
2) It is being held at Helen McCall Park. Directions can be found here.
3) Our Yoga Instructor is Milla Hopkins, and she will focus on helping Your Player achieve the most out of stretching, balancing, breathing, and focusing as possible.
4) Our Energy (or Health & Fitness) Instructor is Paul Hunter, of both US98 Sports & Fitness and Grayton Beach Fitness, and he will educate Your Player on the healthiest ways to feed the human engine and achieve the dynamic power and explosiveness that drives each Player to football achievement.
5) Flag-Football Instruction will include conditioning and skills focused on each individual Player achieving and improving their football competence. Focuses will be on how to run with a football without dropping it or getting it stripped, how to throw a football accurately and at distance, how best to catch a football at full speed, offensive and defensive stance and ready positions, ability to cover, pursue, and close distance at effective angles to seize opposing players flag, and application of it all in fun, semi-competitive scrimmages.
6) Athletic shorts, athletic shirt, cleats, sunscreen, and football (if you have one) should be part of each day's personal equipment.
7) Your Player MUST bring a cooler with plenty of water; small snack of fruit, nuts, and/or sliced meats; and cold , wet towel(s). Please provide a beach towel, if you like, for yoga and drying perspiration.
8) Space is still available, and this program is definitely appropriate for all ages.
We will meet at the Football Field at Helen McCall Park at 9:00AM on Monday. Please do not be late.
See You Out On The GRIDIRON!
By US98 Sports in forum Sports and RecreationReplies: 3Last Post: 05-12-2010, 10:33 PM
By DCFinSCB in forum Sports and RecreationReplies: 8Last Post: 08-06-2009, 02:49 PM
By DCFinSCB in forum Sports and RecreationReplies: 15Last Post: 08-15-2008, 08:37 AM
By 30A Radio in forum Sports and RecreationReplies: 7Last Post: 06-17-2008, 04:45 PM