Description: when it is this hot outside, who can eat big meals? i practically LIVE on this easy salsa - i always have some in the fridge. great with baked tostido scoops, or homemade tortilla chips (much more decadent!) This is a great basic salsa, good alone or with optional added ingredients. Great flavor and texture - you would never know it is so easy.
Serving Size: never enough
Time: 5 minutes
- 2 15 oz cans Publix brand diced tomatoes with green chilies*
- *do NOT use Rotel - they are too watery!
- 1 29 oz can crushed tomatoes
- crushed fresh garlic to taste (you can use the jarred kind - but not garlic powder!)
- salt to taste
- add ins - optional:
- chopped cilantro
- chopped onion
- white corn
- black beans
- chopped jalapenos
- Ummm . . . get out a bowl and can opener? And spoon?
- This is tricky: open cans; dump into large bowl. Stir in garlic and salt to your taste. Chill. Add any or all optional add-ins. (with added white corn and black beans, this makes a good filling for quesadillas). I only add onion or cilantro as i serve up a bowl - the acid in the tomatoes will "cook" the onion and cilantro and make the texture weird if it is stored too long mixed together. The beans and corn do OK because they are already processed.