The Walton County Board of Commissioners will hold their regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, August 24, 2010 beginning at 4:00 PM at the Walton County Courthouse located at 571 US Highway 90, DeFuniak Springs, FL. I have provided some information on items of particular relevance south of the Bay.
SWCC Executive Director
AGENDA4:00 PM Call to Order
Times are approximate and may not be strictly adhered to.
Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag
Approval of Agenda – addition or deletion of items
Approval of Consent Agenda
1. Approve Expenditure Approval List (EAL)
2. Approve Minutes of July 20, 2010 – Special Meeting and August 10, 2010 –
3. Approve to surplus various items from the Landfill Department
4. Approve to surplus one copier from the Legal Department
5. Approve to surplus a storage building from the Public Works Department
6. Approve to surplus one computer from the Purchasing Department
7. Approve to surplus two servers and one telephone system from the South Walton Annex
8. Approve a Resolution to amend the budget to recognize insurance reimbursements in the Sheriff’s fund in the amount of $39,871
9. Approve a Resolution to amend the budget to account for fire truck lease loan proceeds in the amount of $194,239
10. Approve a Resolution to amend the budget for the award of grant funds from the Department of Transportation for the CR 280 Small County Outreach Project in the amount of $2,125,728
11. Approve the Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance Contract Report as submitted by the Clerk’s Office. This item presents a limited internal audit of the CBA's performance of its contract with the county relating to the coastal dune lakes and Bay watershed activities.
12. Approve the Quarterly Report from the Life Enrichment Senior Center
4:05 PM Lyle Seigler, County Administrator
1. Citizens Services
a. Approve the HUD Section 8 Five Year Plan
2. Fire Rescue
a. RFP 010-013 Red Bay Fire Building Construction
3. Public Works
a. Beach Community Bank Letter of Credit for Sundance Subdivision
b. Engineering Services Proposal for Padgett Park Land Management Plan
c. Four Mile Creek Bridge Replacement
d. Mossy Head Industrial Park – Wastewater Treatment Plant Update
4. Planning and Development Services
a. Mike Judkins – Land Use changes. This item is a request by a resident for the county commissioners to "listen and understand" the mistakes the county is making in the Coastal Center land use "that has already cost the county over a million dollars and where this would save them millions in the future."
a. Charles Israel, owner of Lot 3, Block L in Seahighlands, requests approval of placement of a beach walkover. This item pertains to a requested dune walkover for a Gulf front home which impacts public beach property in the Seagrove Beach area.
b. Request from the City of Freeport regarding an outstanding loan
4:15 PM Dawn Moliterno, Tourist Development Council
1. Grant permission to hang 12 commissioned art canvases in the hallway of the South Walton Annex
4:20 PM Lynn Hoshihara, Interim County Attorney
1. Suspension of RFP 010-017 for Solid Waste Services
4:25 PM Public Hearings
1. Approve a Resolution to amend the budget to move $56,379 from the General Fund Reserves (for compensated absences) to the Sheriff’s Fund
2. Approve the Annual Rate Resolution for Daughette Canal Capital Improvements and Maintenance Services MSBU
3. Approve the Annual Rate Resolution for Imperial Lakes MSBU
4. Approve the Annual Rate Resolution for Fire Rescue Assessments MSBU
4:30 PM District Five Commissioner Cecilia Jones,
4:35 PM District Four Commissioner Sara Comander,
4:40 PM District Two Commissioner Kenneth Pridgen
4:45 PM District Three Commissioner Larry D. Jones,
4:50 PM District One Chairman Scott Brannon
4:55 PM Public Comments
5:00 PM Gerry Demers, Planning and Development Services
A. Walton County Future Land Use Map (Proposed)
B. County Sponsored Large Scale Map Amendments
To see the proposed Map amendments , click go to the county website at: www.co.walton.fl.us Type in "map amendments" in the search box to the left. Scroll down and select "Maps" dated 8.12.10.
Under Part IV of the Proposed Map Series are the County Sponsored Amendments map and table, and the Proposed Future Land Use Map and Map.
You are looking for these sections:
- Large Scale Future Land Use Map Amendments
The "Table for County Sponsored Future Land Use Map Amendments" lists all the county sponsored amendments. It is helpful if you get the map number off a sign or off the letter so you can go directly to that map number to see what is being proposed which is of interest to you. The "Proposed Future Land Use-Map Book" links shows all of the proposed map changes.