Thread: Crawfish Pie
12-22-2010, 11:29 AM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
- Blue Mountain Beach
Crawfish PieDescription: This is a Justin Wilson recipe. While not Stinky's you might find it useful.Serving Size: 8Time: N/ADifficulty: Easy
- 4 TBS flour (for roux)
- 1/4 C. cooking oil (for roux)
- 2 TBS olive oil or cooking oil (for roux)
- 1/2 C.chopped onion
- 1/2 C.chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 C.chopped green onions
- 1/2 to 1 C. water
- 1 tsp.chopped garlic
- 1/2 C. English peas, cooked and drained
- 1/2 C. diced carrots, cooked and drained
- Salt, to taste
- Hot Sauce or red pepper, to taste
- 1lb. crawfish meat
- Gather ingredients
I think of government as the Mafia without the moral authority or predictability. Ron Hart
- Make a roux. Add onions, mushrooms, green onions and garlic. Stir. Add water. Bring to a boil. Add peas, carrots, salt and hot sauce. Turn heat off and add crawfish. Mix well.
- Make pie crust or use frozen one.
- Put all ingredients in a pie pan withe the pie crust and top it with another pie crust. Punch holes to let any steam out.
- Bake in oven at 325 degrees for 1 hour until crust is golden brown.
12-22-2010, 08:59 PM #2
Sounds delicious! Thanks Andy!
By NwfangledTheory in forum Music and NightlifeReplies: 0Last Post: 03-05-2010, 06:24 PM
By watermangulfcoast in forum Events and ActivitiesReplies: 3Last Post: 04-25-2009, 09:07 AM
By NwfangledTheory in forum Music and NightlifeReplies: 4Last Post: 02-28-2009, 05:50 PM
By arimport in forum Music and NightlifeReplies: 0Last Post: 02-18-2009, 08:40 PM
By drsvelte in forum Dining and FoodReplies: 10Last Post: 02-25-2008, 09:46 PM