Thread: Looking for a puppy!

Looking for a puppy!

I am looking for a puppy!
    I would like to know if somebody is selling
    or giving away a playful, loving, cute puppy. Any breed that gets along well with children could do but I would specially like one of these breeds : Westie, Beagle, Cookapoo, Dalmation or any retriever.

Images
    Check w/ Alaqua - tons of animals looking for homes, including puppies.

realtordanielle, sowal name, also has several threads for puppy adoptions.

Images
    Yes, please try to adopt before purchasing! There are so many wonderful dogs that need homes, Alaqua and the other shelters in the area all have puppies!

Also, you may want to do a little research on the breeds that you're looking into if you've got small children--I know that dalmations in particular can be rather high spirited and play can get a little rough...

Believe it or not, I've always found that my best dogs have been mutts. Mixed breeds, adopted from shelters, always seem to really know how lucky they are to have been picked out to be taken home by a family to love.

Good luck in your search! Hope you find just the right furbaby for your family!
    One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~ George Carlin

A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future. ~ Coco Chanel

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kitlit For This Useful Post:

Go to petfinders.com, put in your preferences and search for great pups that need homes. I "online dated" my schnauzer before I adopted him. We are currently using it to help my mom find a new furry friend.
    Quit whining and RUN!!

Just go to Alaqua. While there you might even want to consider volunteering as a dog walker or some other activity.

In fact, doing a little dog-walking once or twice a week would be a good way to get to know some of the critters first before choosing which you want to adopt. You know...sort of like test-driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Sloan View Post
    Just go to Alaqua. While there you might even want to consider volunteering as a dog walker or some other activity.

In fact, doing a little dog-walking once or twice a week would be a good way to get to know some of the critters first before choosing which you want to adopt. You know...sort of like test-driving.

Hey... thanks for your respond.
    I have been a volunteer for many things but never for a shelter. It would be a good thing to do with my kids. The only thing is that I went to the Alaqua shelter but it is not there (at the Emerald Grande) anymore. I check online and only found 2 locations one at Defuniak Spring (too far) and the one that I mentioned above. Is there a new location I am not aware of? Let me Know.

Quote Originally Posted by kitlit View Post
    Yes, please try to adopt before purchasing! There are so many wonderful dogs that need homes, Alaqua and the other shelters in the area all have puppies!

Also, you may want to do a little research on the breeds that you're looking into if you've got small children--I know that dalmations in particular can be rather high spirited and play can get a little rough...

Believe it or not, I've always found that my best dogs have been mutts. Mixed breeds, adopted from shelters, always seem to really know how lucky they are to have been picked out to be taken home by a family to love.

Good luck in your search! Hope you find just the right furbaby for your family!

Thanks so much for your answer!
    I know everybody is right about finding a dog at the shelter and I must agree with you that mutts or satos (as some called them in Spanish) are the best!!!
    Let's see where this search takes me and where and when I will find the one!

Quote Originally Posted by bluemtnrunner View Post
    Go to petfinders.com, put in your preferences and search for great pups that need homes. I "online dated" my schnauzer before I adopted him. We are currently using it to help my mom find a new furry friend.
    Hey...thanks for your advise. I entered the website and me and my kids have been browsing through it. It is a great resource!

Quote Originally Posted by scooterbug44 View Post
    Check w/ Alaqua - tons of animals looking for homes, including puppies.
    Thanks for been the first to respond!
    I have to tell you that I went to Alaqua the one here in Destin but there is an art exhibit going on where the shelter was located. The one in Defuniak is too far. Is there a new location in Destin? I even ask in a vet clinic but they did not know.

Alaqua is in Freeport. Not to far at all for a sweet furbaby.

Alaqua Animal Refuge

Quote Originally Posted by Franny View Post
    realtordanielle, sowal name, also has several threads for puppy adoptions.
    Hello and thanks! She contacted me and I've been following her postings in this website. Thanks a lot!

There is Alaqa in Freeport on Hwy 20, thats where I got my dog (Jessie) he is great!

atlbrave001 Guest
    If you have not adopted a dog already, we have a very sweet pup that wandered into our yard Sat evening. She looks like a black lab mix and is friendly and not aggressive towards other animals. She seems to be housebroken, knows the basic commands and does not beg for food. I think she might be around 8 months old. You can always take her to your home and see if she fits in. If it does not work out, I will gladly take her back in and try to find her another home. I would love to keep her, but I already have a large dog and a cat.

atlbrave001 Guest
    She has been adopted by a young man that just moved to the area and was looking for a companion. He has a fenced yard for her, so she should be a happy puppy. If not, I will gladly take her back.