Thread: Local Catch Bar & Grill--Grand Opening March 1st!

Images

Local Catch Bar & Grill--Grand Opening March 1st!

I'm pleased to announce the Grand Opening of Local Catch Bar & Grill on March 1st-3rd!

It will feature a coastal cuisine with a southern twist.

More details to come and menu to follow!
    Adult playground equipment...it's called a barstool.

--Jessifunn

thanks for the info. looking forward to seeing the menu!

Thank you for sharing the great news with us. Can't wait to see your menu and hear the details. Please keep us posted.

Location?

the former ballyhoo's

New owners???

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Franny View Post
    New owners???
    Yes, two of my very good friends, Jimmy Hasser and Adam Yellin, are the new owners.

The menu will be ready to post tomorrow!

--Jessifunn

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Franny View Post
    New owners???
    Yes, two of my dear friends--Jimmy Hasser and Adam Yellin--are the new owners.

I will have the menu ready to post tomorrow!

--Jessifunn

Is the menu going to be posted today or tomorrow?

Images
    Here is the link to the menu!

http://localcatch30a.com/menu/

--Jessifunn

Please excuse the current state of the website. The menu is in place but the site is still under construction. :)

no offense but $11 for a buerger and $4.25 for sides like fries is very steep for a double wide trailor restaurant. red bar with the best burger in town is only $9 and its huge with big order of fries. I'd seriously look at your pricing as i think it could be a big a negative. just some friendly advise

The trailer comment is not fair - it is a local landmark, a hole in the wall, a treasure. lol but I get the point. One of the best strategies ever for a restaurant is make a splash with low prices and great food. Quickly become known for great food and value, then increase prices a bit when you get a following and a good reputation.

Is this a lunch menu or a dinner menu? I would love to see you succeed!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ata View Post
    no offense but $11 for a buerger and $4.25 for sides like fries is very steep for a double wide trailor restaurant. red bar with the best burger in town is only $9 and its huge with big order of fries. I'd seriously look at your pricing as i think it could be a big a negative. just some friendly advise
    I actually tasted some of the menu items last night and I thought everything was phenomenal.

Anything and everything that goes into their menu is never frozen and made fresh daily. All entrees come with a side, and believe me, the portions you get are worth the money.

The menu items I tasted were grouper ceviche (with homemade tortilla chips), wings, shrimp taco, crab dip, fried calamari, pork belly and bacon wrapped jalepenos. Oh, and no doubt the best fries on 30a. I knew Adam was a great chef but his food blew me away. Each plate was colorful, had wonderful flavors and a big enough portion to take leftovers home.

I honestly think that Local Catch will be a refreshing welcome to the restaurant scene on 30a.

--Jessifunn

Here is a preview of whats to come...

Fish Taco 2 by dijitil, on Flickr

Braised Pork Belly by dijitil, on Flickr

Grouper Ceviche. by dijitil, on Flickr

This is Jimmy, one of the owners. I honestly appreciate everyones feedback on our new venture. We have tried our best to bring back a local favorite with local art and musicians, local produce, and good local people. Our prices honestly reflect the quality of our product. It is not frozen, it is not greasy. We will be able to offer daily lunch specials and what we call a "locals meal." I urge you all to give us a chance and continue your feedback, as it is always appreciated. Thanks

Looking forward to it. I guess Whitney should buy since it sounds like she is way ahead of the game.
    Connect with SoWal   

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt View Post
    Looking forward to it. I guess Whitney should buy since it sounds like she is way ahead of the game.
    First round is one me, Kurt.

--Jessifunn

Images
    If this place has Whiteyfunn's seal of approval, we will be there!

Images
    This all sounds great! I look forward to coming in for a meal soon.

Looks comparable to Stinkys prices and menu
    Respect the Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by ata View Post
    I helped raise the walls in the place back in 1988 I can assure you it's not a trailer! lol right Greg (owner of original Salty Dog)?
    Respect the Beach.

Images
    Local Catch will "softly" open TODAY for lunch and dinner. The doors open at 11 am!

If you are in the neighborhood stop by and check it out!

--Jessifunn

Just enjoyed a fabulous lunch at Local Catch! Really cool place and really cool people. Highly recommend you check it out!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa C View Post
    Just enjoyed a fabulous lunch at Local Catch! Really cool place and really cool people. Highly recommend you check it out!!
    So glad you enjoyed everything, Lisa! Please come again soon!

--Jessifunn

Images
    Grand Opening Weekend!

Here is the entertainment line-up for March 1-3

Thursday- DJ Vladi
    Friday- Zack Rosicka
    Saturday- Chronic Jester

It's going to be a great time. Hope everyone can come and have some funn!

--Jessifunn

Local Catch

I think the menu is on point for the season, and if top quality, locally sourced, fresh ingredients are used. I support the owner and chef that are not blindly deciding to open a restaurant serving sub par food. I anticipate fresh clean creations, and can't wait till my visit. You can follow along next week on 30A EATS Facebook as well as www.30AEATS.com to see what I had for lunch, and get the scoop on the restaurant...pictures included!
    For those still in question, the location is East of Gulf Place in Blue Mountain Beach where Salty Dog's and Ballyhoo's once were in business.

28. Add Content

Images
    I had several items Thursday night. Everyrhing I had was awesome!!! Had the chicken skewers, calamari and Adam made a couple of shrimp thingys that were incredible! Love this place!

Images
    Congrats to Local Catch, the parking lot was packed last night. I have not seen that in a few years. And yes, it is spring break which accounts for some volume, but the previous eatery there never had more than a few cars in the lot. We'll give you a little more time to get all the kinks worked out before we dine there, but I am really glad to see someone in that spot doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by 30A EATS View Post
    I think the menu is on point for the season, and if top quality, locally sourced, fresh ingredients are used. I support the owner and chef that are not blindly deciding to open a restaurant serving sub par food. I anticipate fresh clean creations, and can't wait till my visit. You can follow along next week on 30A EATS Facebook as well as www.30AEATS.com to see what I had for lunch, and get the scoop on the restaurant...pictures included!
    For those still in question, the location is East of Gulf Place in Blue Mountain Beach where Salty Dog's and Ballyhoo's once were in business.

What's your verdict?

Images
    Oh! I can't wait to come in for lunch!!! Everything looks divine and I've heard very good things from Lisa, Susan and several more friends! I hear the venue is completely different.
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-14-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    Connect with SoWal !

Get your Local Events and Live Music on SoWal.com.

Images
    Finally we made it out to Local Catch Bar & Grill! The place is still rustic but very different in a good way. The service was great and lunch was delicious! I had the bacon burger - perfectly cooked with an aoili sauce and a delicious bun. Could very well be the new best burger in SoWal!

Fantastic outdoor seating area with TVs.

I am very excited about this new place. Chef Adam brings much talent!
    Connect with SoWal !

I have been there twice and food is excellent! The pork debris sandwich is awesome...i am looking forward to trying more. I also like that the place is brightened up a bit, looks cleaner than previous establishment.

Was down last weekend and made our first but not last visit. Fish tacos with a Grayton Pale ... yummy!

Images
    I can't wait to try this place out!! I hope they succeed in this location, it is such a great spot! What is your music line up for this weekend?
    ~~Dream like you will live forever....Live like you will die tomorrow~~

food

it seems like people like the food. But the price of your food is outrageous. Not being mean but a shrimp po boy for $14 or an order of fries or garden salad at $5 is priced like a 5 start restuarant. i can get the biggest and best po boy sandwich at red bar for $11. i think it would help your business if your prices were more in line with the area

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by relax View Post
    it seems like people like the food. But the price of your food is outrageous. Not being mean but a shrimp po boy for $14 or an order of fries or garden salad at $5 is priced like a 5 start restuarant. i can get the biggest and best po boy sandwich at red bar for $11. i think it would help your business if your prices were more in line with the area
    Respectfully, I found the prices to be well in line with area restaurants delivering excellent food and service. Beleive me, the Chef is delivering a quality of dining that has never been in that location - not even close.
    Connect with SoWal !

Images
    We finally tried Local Catch last night. It was very good and we will go back. The Mrs had crab cakes and salad and thought the cakes were among the best she has had anywhere. I had the fish tacos with chips and pico de gallo on the side. Outstanding-the chips were made fresh in the kitchen. The pico portion was a little thin for the amount of chips provided, but the critique stops there. Our meal consisted of a coke and three import beers plus food and came in about $43. Not a bad price for these parts, and considering the food was superior to most, it was a good value, in my opinion. Service was excellent as well. Well done, Local Catch!
    Last edited by 30A Skunkape; 05-02-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 30A Skunkape View Post
    We finally tried Local Catch last night. It was very good and we will go back. The Mrs had crab cakes and salad and thought the cakes were among the best she has had anywhere. I had the fish tacos with chips and pico de gallo on the side. Outstanding-the chips were made fresh in the kitchen. The pico portion was a little thin for the amount of chips provided, but the critique stops there. Our meal consisted of a coke and three import beers plus food and came in about $43. Not a bad price for these parts, and considering the food was superior to most, it was a good value, in my opinion. Service was excellent as well. Well done, Local Catch!
    I agree. Five of us ate there on Monday night, and everyone's food was delicious- I highly recommend the garlic spinach as a side. And the nachos with the pulled pork. And the shrimp poor boy. Prices in line with everything else on 30A for dinner. I had never sat foot in that building in any of the previous restaurant ventures, but from what our friends said, it is really cleaned up and totally different- for the better.

Which reminds me- there are drinks named after the predecessor places- you can order a Snapperhead, a Ballyhoo, I forget the others. Cute.

So glad all have enjoyed as I have. Adjustments can always be made here and there, but the attention to the food detail, and bar drinks are currently above expectation. I hope they continue to be a viable source for great food on 30-A! I think I have had half of the menu by now, all delicious, binging on the amazing pork nacho's of course!

Images
    I had the crabcake three days in a row, but I think I'm going to get the nachos tonight! They ARE amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by 30A EATS View Post
    So glad all have enjoyed as I have. Adjustments can always be made here and there, but the attention to the food detail, and bar drinks are currently above expectation. I hope they continue to be a viable source for great food on 30-A! I think I have had half of the menu by now, all delicious, binging on the amazing pork nacho's of course!

--Jessifunn

Basically, the postings re Local Catch have boiled down to two reactions:
    (1) the food is good
    (2) the food is overpriced
    I ate there for the first time today (lunch).
    I agree with both comments.
    Menu prices should be reduced at least $1-$2 per item.