Thread: Who has the Best Breakfast in SoWal?

Who has the Best Breakfast in SoWal?

Ideas on the best breakfast in SOWAL...anything from light pastries to full-on breakfasts! Throw some Mimosa's in?

Collins

It is really hard to beat Liar's Club next to Stinky's Fish Camp. Their Fisherman's Breakfast is filling and always wonderfully prepared. It is the only place we now go for breakfast on 30A.
    I think of government as the Mafia without the moral authority or predictability. Ron Hart

Just past 30A, The Donut Hole. We are eating the cinnamon bread right now.

We love the Liar's Club, but I was recently told the First Note has a great breakfast as well.

Images
    I like the Liar's Club!

Traditional, Another Broken Egg in Grayton
    Healthy/organic, Hibiscus in Grayton and Raw & Juicy airstream in Seaside

Don Pedro's on 98.

Yeah I had the crawfish and shrimp omlette from Another Broke Egg Grayton Beach and it was out of this world.

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    Images
    Our favorite breakfast in SoWal was Red Bar, but they don't serve breakfast any more.

For the best breakfast food, it's Stinky's by far. But the best dishes on the menu aren't something you could eat for breakfast every day -- so rich and yummy and calorific.

We love Hibiscus. It's a light breakfast that is healthy.

We just discovered breakfast at Flip-Flops. I love the bacon sandwich without mayo.

If I want fried eggs over easy, we go to Great Southern. That's the only place on 30A I know of to get them served that way (now that Red Bar doesn't serve breakfast).

Quote Originally Posted by DCollins View Post
    Ideas on the best breakfast in SOWAL...anything from light pastries to full-on breakfasts! Throw some Mimosa's in?

Collins
    As many have already noted, Stinky's Liar's Club rules for breakfast (especially since the Red Bar quit serving breakfast). :sad: Others to consider - Cowgirl Kitchen, Flip Flops and Seagrove Coyote all are great for a quick meal or to carry out.
    Last edited by kurt; 04-11-2012 at 05:25 AM.
    Seagrove Beach Bums

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jswbjw View Post
    As many have already noted, Stinky's Liar's Club rules for breakfast (especially since the Red Bar quit serving breakfast).http://www.sowal.com/bb/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif Others to consider - Cowgirl Kitchen, Flip Flops and Seagrove Coyote all are great for a quick meal or to carry out.
    Yay! Someone else agrees with us about the demise of Red Bar breakfast!

We'll try Seagrove Coyote too. In our 'hood.

Well, once again, I have to post about Seacrest Sundries. Good, simple food with good simple prices. Sausage gravy & biscuits are great and yes.....we do serve mimosa's!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beasette View Post
    Well, once again, I have to post about Seacrest Sundries. Good, simple food with good simple prices. Sausage gravy & biscuits are great and yes.....we do serve mimosa's!
    Will do. We usually have Cheerios with strawberries when at the beach because we don't want to invest in a lot of food for just two people and have to throw it out or take a cooler home when we leave. But sometimes Cheerios get boring. So we like to go out for breakfast sometimes.
    Last edited by Beach Runner; 04-11-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beasette View Post
    Oh, I have to get up early to go have breakfast at Seacrest Sundries! Can't wait to try the biscuits and gravy!

We also love breakfast at Great Southern Cafe!!! Begneits and some of the best grits ever!
    Connect with SoWal !

Get your Local Events and Live Music on SoWal.com.

Images
    Well, after reading some of the reviews above, I tried the Liar's Club, and it was great. One major complaint: it's way on the west end, and I live way on the east end. But I will make special trips, from now on, to have a really good breakfast.
    My mind tends to wander... but fortunately, it's so weak, it doesn't get very far...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Too View Post
    Well, after reading some of the reviews above, I tried the Liar's Club, and it was great. One major complaint: it's way on the west end, and I live way on the east end. But I will make special trips, from now on, to have a really good breakfast.
    It's worth the drive. But we usually combine it with a visit to Jade Nails in Gulf Place or a shopping trip to Silver Sands.

Images
    Have to agree with Great Southern.

30A home of glorious sunsets.

Had Liar's club and it was fantasitic....the price and quality of the food. My fiance got the eggs benedict and she said it was the best eggs benedict she had ever had! I got the fisherman's breakfast, which consisted of a biscuit w/ gravy, potato's, bacon and sausage, and scrambled eggs...it was very very good and very filling! Great place!

Was down last weekend and had our usual stops: Liar's Club, Another Broken Egg - Grayton, and Donut Hole. If we can ever get our condo closed in Seagrove, plan on trying Flip Flops, Seacrest Sundries, and Cowgirl Kitchen.

mmmm now I'm hungry. It's easy to find breakfast in the SoWal Dining Guide -
    click here to go right to Serving: Breakfast.

Go to your favorite to comment and rate!
    Last edited by kurt; 05-03-2012 at 06:22 AM.
    Connect with SoWal   

Donut Hole gets our vote with Don Pedros being a close second. Donut Hole makes their own biscuits and they are the best I've every had. Huge, airy, light an fluffy with tiny specks of melted butter throughout the hot n tasty treats. Their gravy is served piping hot, not too thick n not too thin. They even put yummy bits of sausage in the gravy. Wish I had some now.

Love Don Pedro's on 98, The Liar's Club in Dune Allen, Great Southern in Seaside, Another Broken Egg in Grayton. Looks like First Note may be closed by end of summer 2012, Try Cowgirl Kitchen in Seagrove and Rosemary Beach. Also Brunch on Sunday at Crush, Fire and Hibiscus House with flowing champagne and mimosa's. I also like the Donut Hole's biscuits and gravy, and Summer Kitchen Cafe offers a great breakfast in Rosemary Beach.

Come give us a shot at Sugga Pies in Rosemary Beach. We offer a full breakfast plus we are now carrying the Doughnut Truck doughnuts.

Awesome Sugga Pies, coming down for Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day! I'll have to swing by one of those times! Can't Wait.