The Preschool at Point Washington and the Point Washington United Methodist Church are pleased to offer:
A Parent Training Program Designed by Love and Logic®Institute, Inc.
Although children can bring much joy, laughter and fulfillment into our lives, the truth is there are times when parenting can be difficult, frustrating and downright exhausting. Love and Logic Parenting® courses are recommended by pediatricians, counselors, mental health workers, teachers, behavioral experts and thousands of parents. Love allows children to grow through their mistakes. Logic allows children to live with the consequences of their choices.
During each class you will acquire tools enabling you to effectively parent using empathy and logical consequences. You will be able to assist your child while they learn to accept responsibility for their own actions and as they come to understand that the quality of their lives is directly impacted by their thinking and decision-making. The program is designed to give you practical parenting skills that can be used immediately. You will also be given opportunities to practice and debrief each week. A certificate of completion will be issued at the end of the course.
This Love and Logic® course will be taught by Lora Beebe, M. Ed. Lora is the mother of a seven-year-old daughter and holds bachelor’s degrees in social work and special education as well as a master’s degree in special education. She has twenty-four years of experience working with children who have challenging behaviors in various settings. Her area of expertise is educational behavior modification. She has been using Love and Logic® for over sixteen years and looks forward to sharing it with you.
Over the course of six weeks you will learn how to:
- Create a stimulating home environment that encourages individual responsibility, resiliency, positive self-esteem, independence and academic achievement.
- Identify ineffective parenting techniques and replace them with effective ones.
- Prevent misbehavior and teach children healthy problem-solving skills.
- Avoid power struggles while setting appropriate limits and boundaries.
- Help children prepare to resist destructive behaviors such as, drugs, alcohol, violence etc.
- Teach character building and responsibility through parental modeling and application of logical (real-world) consequences instead of lecturing, scolding, or punishment.
- Stay calm in stressful parenting situations and ultimately make parenting a fun, positive experience.
· Loveallows children to grow through their mistakes.
· Logicallows children to live with the consequences of their choices.
· This program will empower you through parenting dilemmas AND classes are fun with no stuffy lectures or psycho babble!
Who Should Attend:
Parents with children of any age, grandparents, educators
Thursday from 5:45pm – 7:45pm (childcare is available)
Classes begin April 26th and run for 5 weeks (4/26, 5/3, 5/10, 5/17, 5/24)
Point Washington UMC Stephen Center (across the street from the preschool/gym)
$90 per person / $130 per couple. This includes 1 workbook and 1 set of materials. Additional workbooks and materials may be purchased for $20 each.
$20 per child for the 5 week session (Snack, beverage or dinner must be provided by the parent). Childcare arrangements must be made at the time of registration.
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, April 24th -SPACE IS LIMTED! Please Sign up ASAP
For Questions: Please call Savannah @ the Preschool: 231-5439
Please keep the top half of this form
“Becoming a Love & Logic Parent®” Registration Form
Number Attending:__________ Number of Workbooks: __________
I will require childcare for ________ (#) children
Ages of children: ___________________________
Please make checks payable to: The Preschool at Point Washington
Payment is due at the time of registration