Thread: Pet Friendly Rentals?

Red face Pet Friendly Rentals?

Does anyone know of any pet friendly (for 1 dog) rentals that are on the beach?

http://www.resortquestbeachesofsouth...36&Avail=&Stay=

We are pet friendly and a two minute walk to the beach and Eastern Lake. Scruffy had a great trip there last week!

Quote Originally Posted by BonTempsBungalow View Post

We are pet friendly and a two minute walk to the beach and Eastern Lake. Scruffy had a great trip there last week!
    BTB do you ever, ever tell your guests about the rules concerning dogs on the beach? or are you only interested in making a buck so you do not care about inconvenient rules and regulations?

This infuriates me. I live in Walton County and I have a dog. She loves to go to the beach, but in order to do so we have to purchase a permit (that must be renewed every year), there are only certain times that we can enjoy the beach with our dog (before 8 a.m and after 4 p.m), and we have always complied with this rule. I wish the sheriff's patrol would enforce these rules, so as not to ruin it for the folks that abide by the law!! Oh, and you cannot get a 'temporary' permit, you MUST be a resident of Walton County to even be eligible to get one!! So, all you vacationers, you are NOT allowed to have your dog on the beach!!
    Last edited by tsutcli; 04-28-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    BEACH LOCAL

Please relax you live in paradise. Bark less, wag more.

So I assume from your attitude that you feel it is ok for anyone to ignore the law as long as it suits your purpose? How selfish can you be. Tourists should be encouraged to leave their pets at home. It's people like you who will ultimately ruin paradise with your live and let live attitude even if it infringes other peoples rights.
    BEACH LOCAL

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    Images
    Keep the suggestions coming! We are about to sell our home and will be getting ready to buy another. It's just the two of us and a poodle who is crate trained. We don't allow her to roam around the house unsupervised. If we leave the house, we crate her up. Actually she gets into her crate without being prompted because she knows that when I put on shoes, we're leaving.

On www.GetawayAssist.com you can search by pet-friendly properties and they DO inform their guests that dogs are not permitted on the beach.

Thanks ken we need more dog friendly rentals especially for dogs over 30 lbs. I have 2 goldens and finally found someone to accept them . They are my children

I love this area and live here, but I won't recommend the area to anyone who loves their dog because of the stupid anti-dog folks.

For the original posting, I would encourage you to look at Cape San Blas or St George Island. BOTH have plenty of dog friendly rentals and they welcome dogs on their beaches. Also no issues with the Private beach fiasco seen around here and the beaches are far less crowded.
    "Look with your understanding, find out what you already know and you'll see the way to fly"...

Images
    Our favorite Pet Friendly rentals are at Camp Creek Cottages and Magnolia Cottages by the Sea. Just because you can't take your dog to the beach does not mean you can't bring your pet and still have a great time. As to unfriendly locals, ignore them, there are a few bad apples even in paradise.

30A home of glorious sunsets.

11. I'd also appreciate any suggestions or recommendations. My husband and I have been visiting the area for years and understand all the rules. We have three dogs, all of whom are very well behaved. They are also crated if we are not with them.

Images
    Our dog doesn't need to go to the beach when we are in-between houses. We just need a place that is pet-friendly during our transition period.

And please, not the windowless condo in Seacrest (where the fountain is) where we stayed once when we came down for a BCC meeting. We paid for two nights, but left 12 hours after we got there. I thought I was gonna claw my eyeballs out being trapped in an apartment with no windows.

Isn't a place with no windows illegal?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebraspots View Post
    Isn't a place with no windows illegal?
    Well, it has a window but the window opens to a public hallway with no view of anything outdoors -- just the concrete hallway. So because we didn't want people staring into our room, we had to close the curtains. They were blackout curtains, so we couldn't tell if it was day or night without looking at our watches. Very disorienting.

To me, that's not a window.

Images
    Also some listings at Old Florida Cottages and Village are pet friendly. Gulf Place Courtyard has pet friendly listings. We use VRBO when looking for pet friendly locations and use the Pet Friendly filter, makes it easy to find those that will take pets.
    Last edited by Minnie; 05-08-2012 at 09:51 PM.

30A home of glorious sunsets.

Images
    We will be needing multiple rentals for 1-3 night stays at random times for many months, starting in June. We will have a female standard poodle that is crate-trained with us. That means that she is either in the same room as we are, or she is in the crate. She's always crated when we leave the house. She has a beach permit because we own property in Walton County.

Thanks for any leads that you might give us. Minnie, I have taken note of your recs and also that of BonTempsBungalow.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BonTempsBungalow View Post

I see that you're booked when we need a short rental to take care of some business. I'm sure I'll be needing a rental again before our house is complete. So we'll keep you in mind.

Images
    We found a rental at Hidden Beach in Seagrove. They have a great area that is well-lit for walking dogs. Price is right when we're just going down on personal business to check on the progress of our home that is under construction. This isn't on the beach, but the beach access is so close that it's no problem.