Emerald Coast Children's Advocacy Center
The Emerald Coast Children's Advocacy Center's (ECCAC) mission is to prevent child abuse and neglect, protect children in Okaloosa and Walton Counties, and restore the lives and futures of these impacted children.
The Center’s child-friendly facility in Niceville houses a multidisciplinary team of child protection personnel, prosecutors, law enforcement, DCF, therapists, and ECCAC staff and volunteers. The Pierce Family Center in Walton County also offers the same personnel and services for Walton County children. Services are provided at no cost by ECCAC, a 501-C-3 non-profit organization.
For further information about the Emerald Coast Children’s Advocacy Center, visit www.eccac.org. If abuse is suspected, call the anonymous Florida Abuse Hotline at 1-800-96-ABUSE.
Services provided by the Center and our agency partners:
- A child friendly atmosphere for recording interviews, on-site medical evaluations and assessments, utilizing “state of the art” technology.
- Coordination and facilitation of investigative, legal, social, medical and mental health services through a model “team” approach.
- Multi-disciplinary team (law enforcement, prosecution, mental health, social services, child protection team) case reviews and case tracking through the Center’s case advocate program.
- Mental Health services – full-time licensed mental health therapists help reduce the trauma abused children suffer. They save and restore lost childhoods.
- Community resources for information, referral and help.
- Professional training and educational presentations at the community, state, and national level.
- Darkness to Light child sexual abuse prevention program targeted at organizations working with children to include churches and daycares.
- Family services fund for immediate critical needs of children and families.
Photo: art by South Walton artist Gordie Hinds donated to the Pierce Family Center in DeFuniak Springs.