5th Annual Apalachicola Antique & Classic Boat Show
Saturday, April 20 starting at 10am, come out to the 15th Annual Apalachicola Antique & Classic Boat Show.
Here's the schedule of events:
- 10:00 am - Antique boats, examples of classic and traditional vessels, workboats, and fiberglass and aluminum classics will all be on display on from until 4:00 pm. Special highlights include authentic oyster boats, workboats, and home-built boats by skilled craftsmen, plus antique outboard engines. Antique automobiles will line Avenue E. Studebeakers, Model A’s, Chevys and more.
- The classic, gaff rigged schooner, The Governor Stone, will be featured dockside. Built in 1877, it has been totally restored and is an exhibit unto itself and is a National Historic Landmark.
- Boat building demonstration by local boat builders Roger Pinholster, Fred Sawyer, plus W K Sanders Construction and Technology class throughout the day.
- Kids model boat building and art activities at the Bay Community School booth
- The Apalachicola Traders’ Canoe, a hand built 50-foot long vessel used between 1750-1850, recovered from the Apalachicola River will be on display at the Cotton Warehouse.
- Studebeaker car club holds their annual meeting at the show.
- An exhibit of marine art paintings at the Cotton Warehouse.
- The Coast Guard Auxiliary will have free information on safe boating.
- The Dept of Environmental Protection will be on hand to give out information on the Clean Boating Program.
- The Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve will have a booth on area flora and fauna.
- The Apalachicola RiverKeeper will have information on the special qualities of our unqiue pristine river and bay system
- Arts and Crafts
- The Apalachicola Maritime Museum will host the St. Petersburg Shanty Singers for a program incorporating history and maritime music of significance to the Apalachicola River and Bay from 7-8 to be followed by a shrimp boil on the docks.
At 6:00 pm there will be a dinner and lecture at the Apalachicola Maritime Museum. Reservation required call 850-653-2500 or visit www.ammfl.org
For information please call (850) 653-9419 or email at email@example.com or visit