Earth Day Festival at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
Come celebrate Earth Day in SoWal at beautiful Topsail Hill Preserve State Park on Saturday, April 23 from 11am til 4pm. This festival is free to the public and will feature environmental education exhibits and hands-on activities, children’s programs, live music and MORE!!
Friends of Topsail Hill Preserve State Park invite you to out to the park for a family day in recognition of Earth Day. Here are some of the activities planned.
- A Ranger led 5K hike, as well as 2 shorter Ranger led hikes are scheduled through the diverse natural plant communities found at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park.
- A variety of environmental, educational and interpretive programs and activities are scheduled.
- Local artisans and organizations will be on hand to educate and entertain
- festival visitors.
- Live music by Flash Flood.
- Food by Red Food Truck.
- Tram rides to the beach, paddle boarding demonstrations, face painting, food and more.
- C.A.R.T. Dog Rescue will be onsite with animals available for adoption.
Standard park entrance/admission fees will be waived for the day. Earth Day Festival is free and open to everyone! Come out and celebrate at one of the most beautiful state park preserves in South Walton, Florida.
Topsail Hill Preserve State Park offers a wide variety of natural resources including 3.2 miles of secluded, white sand beaches with majestic dunes over 25 feet tall. Three rare coastal dune lakes provide excellent freshwater fishing. Although boats are not allowed, fishing from the shoreline yields bass, bream, panfish, and catfish. Lakes, pristine beaches, old-growth long leaf pines, sand pine scrub, and a variety of wetlands offer a bird-watching and hiking paradise. Visitors may bike, walk, or enjoy a quick ride to the beach on our timely tram service to swim, fish, sunbathe, or beachcomb. Gregory E. Moore RV resort features a (non-heated) swimming pool and shuffleboard courts. Furnished bungalows are available for weekly stays. A camp store offers a variety of camping items, as well as snacks and drinks.
Florida State Parks are treasures waiting for your discovery!
Additional information, photos & video on South Walton area parks:
Parks Of South Walton & Northwest Florida