Explore the Outdoors Festival in DeFuniak Springs
Walton Outdoors is hosting their annual Explore The Outdoors Festival OCT 11 from 10am–3pm along the beautiful lakeyard in DeFuniak Springs on Circle Drive.
This fun-filled day is geared towards introducing children to the wonders of exploring the outdoors. Hands on activities will include fishing, boating, kayaking, wildlife encounters, interactive educational exhibits, nature-based crafts and much more. The event is free. The water activities are geared for children six-years-old and up. Food vendors will be on hand.
Activities and exhibits include:
• Fish Florida rod/reel giveaways
• Fishing from the pier with experts
• Fishing education with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
• Kayaking with Snaggy Bend Outfitters
• Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge wildlife exhibit
• Birding with the Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
• Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission wildlife interactive
• Wildlife and education with E.O. Wilson Biophilia Center
• South Walton Turtle Watch exhibit
• Topsail Hill Preserve State Park exhibit
• Henderson Beach State Park exhibit
• St. Andrews State Park exhibit
• Northwest Florida Astronomy club
• Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance touch tank
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Deitrich's Honey Farm
• Mattie Kelly Environmental Education
• Eglin Aero Modellers demonstrations
• Tri-County Head Start fun
• Florida Public Archeology Network
• Nature based crafts.
Walton Outdoors is the online resource for outdoor adventure in Walton County, Florida and its surrounding area. Their mission is to educate and share news about great places to explore and showcase outdoor family-oriented events. For more information call (850) 267-2064 or visit www.waltonoutdoors.com/explorefest.