Panhandle Outdoors LIVE - Apalachicola Nat'l Estuarine Research Reserve
The Apalachicola River Basin is only part of a much larger river system which drains an area covering approximately 19,600 miles into the Blue Ridge Mountains. For more information on this area visit Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve.
Full Schedule of Field Excursions:
- Aucilla River Sinks (Jefferson County) / March 15
- The Great Florida Wildlife Trail (Calhoun County) / March 28
- Pitcher Plants & Weeks Bay (Baldwin County, Alabama) / April 2
- Coastal Dune Lakes (Walton County, Florida) / May 8
- Yellow River & Boiling Creek (Santa Rosa County) / June 6
- Saltwater Marshes of St. Andrews Bay (Bay County) / August 15
- Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve (Franklin County) / Sept. 24
- Blackwater River State Forest (Santa Rosa County) / Oct. 3
- Seagrasses & Manatees of Apalachee Bay (Wakulla County) / Nov. 15
Registration is available at http://panhandleoutdoorslive2013.eventbrite.com, and space is limited, so register early! Necessary equipment and clothing will vary based on weather and location, but participants should bring sturdy shoes, drinking water, sunscreen, and a camera to each trip. Transportation to each location will be facilitated by carpooling, and some counties may be able to provide transportation.