Panhandle Outdoors LIVE - Blackwater River State Forest
A favorite destination for canoeists and kayakers, Blackwater River State Park offers opportunities for a variety of outdoor activities. For more information on this area visit Blackwater River State Forest.
Full Schedule of Field Excursions:
- Aucilla River Sinks (Jefferson County) / March 15
- The Great Florida Wildlife Trail (Calhoun County) / March 28
- Pitcher Plants & Weeks Bay (Baldwin County, Alabama) / April 2
- Coastal Dune Lakes (Walton County, Florida) / May 8
- Yellow River & Boiling Creek (Santa Rosa County) / June 6
- Saltwater Marshes of St. Andrews Bay (Bay County) / August 15
- Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve (Franklin County) / Sept. 24
- Blackwater River State Forest (Santa Rosa County) / Oct. 3
- Seagrasses & Manatees of Apalachee Bay (Wakulla County) / Nov. 15
Registration is available at http://panhandleoutdoorslive2013.eventbrite.com, and space is limited, so register early! Necessary equipment and clothing will vary based on weather and location, but participants should bring sturdy shoes, drinking water, sunscreen, and a camera to each trip. Transportation to each location will be facilitated by carpooling, and some counties may be able to provide transportation.