Sinfonia Classical Connections feat. Cellist Sang-Eun Lee
Sinfonia Gulf Coast Classical Connections series features classical cellist Sang-Eun Lee on Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017 at 7:30 p.m. at Grace Lutheran Church in Destin. Hailed for her expressive artistry and dazzling technique, Ms. Lee has been praised for her performance by the Washington Post who said, “She is a prodigiously talented young artist with powerful technique and musical poise.” She will perform Tchaikovsky's stunning "Variations on a Rococo Theme.” Also on the program are Mozart's "Wind Serenade in E-flat" and Antonin Dvorak's showstopper "Serenade for Strings." Tickets range from $29.50 to $45 per person.
Classical Connections is presented by Silver Sands Premium Outlets and Sinfonia Gulf Coast. Tickets available online at sinfoniagulfcoast.org. “She is a prodigiously talented, and interesting, young artist.
Rachmaninoff, Stravinsky, and Crumb] highlighted her powerful technique and musical poise.
Her fingers seem to have little magnets that guide them to the right spots on the fingerboard
every time, and her accuracy and control of double
stops in the Stravinsky and Crumb were
amazing...In lyrical passages, Lee is more of a jeweler than an architect. She responds naturally
to the ebb and flow of the music, and offers original ideas. Her bow arm can float lovely
pianissimos and launch heavy artillery.”
The Washington Post
—The Washington Post
- Oct 24: An Evening with Chris Mann with wine dinner at Flemings @ 5:30pm followed by performance at upstairs theatre. Grand Boulevard
- Nov 9: Classical Connections with cellist Sang-Eun Lee. Grace Lutheran Church @ 7:30pm. Destin
- Dec 15: A Rockin' Holiday with Mary Wilson of the Supremes concert at Destiny Worship Center @ 7:30pm. Miramar Beach
- Jan 26: Classical Connections featuring SYBARITE5 string quintet at Grace Lutheran Church @ 7:30pm. Destin
- Mar 3: Classical Connections with violinist Corinne Stillwell. Grace Lutheran Church @ 7:30pm. Destin
- Mar 31: Sinfonia Gala Event presenting the world premiere of Meredith Willson’s The Music Man in Concert at Emerald Coast Convention Center @ 7:30pm. Fort Walton Beach
- May 27: Sinfonia Goes Pops concert in Alys Beach amphitheater over Memorial Day weekend. Alys Beach
As the region’s only fully professional symphony orchestra, Sinfonia Gulf Coast is committed to presenting high-caliber events and providing much-needed educational initiatives throughout the Northwest Florida Gulf Coast region. Proceeds from the all events benefit Sinfonia Gulf Coast and its music education programs, which include musicians/guest artists in schools, free orchestra concerts, bus transportation for students, Sinfonia Youth Orchestra program, Arts in Medicine with Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast, LINK UP concerts with third through fifth grades in participation with Carnegie Hall’s Weill Institute of Music, the annual Paint the Music Project and more.
SoWal.com is a proud Presenting E-media Sponsor for Sinfonia's 12th season. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit SinfoniaGulfCoast.org or call 850-460-8800. Stay social for updates on upcoming concerts and special events all season long on Facebook: Sinfonia Gulf Coast. Find Sinfonia on Instagram and Twitter too. Join us and be a part of the conversation using #SinfoniaGulfCoast.
More Events at Sinfonia Gulf Coast
|7:30 pm||Sinfonia Classical Connections feat. SYBARITE5||Sinfonia Gulf Coast|
|7:30 pm||Sinfonia Classical Connections feat. Violinist Corinne Stillwell||Sinfonia Gulf Coast|
|7:30 pm||Sinfonia Gala Event: Meredith Willson's THE MUSIC MAN at the Symphony||Sinfonia Gulf Coast|
|7:30 pm||Sinfonia Goes Pops at Alys Beach||Alys Beach Merchants, Sinfonia Gulf Coast|
Map of this Event