Sinfonia Classical Connections feat. Violinist Corinne Stillwell
Sinfonia Gulf Coast Classical Connections Series features Violinist Corinne Stillwell at Grace Lutheran Church on Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 7:30pm. Tickets available online at sinfoniagulfcoast.org.
The final concert of the Silver Sands Premium Outlet's Classical Connections Series welcomes violinist Corinne Stillwell to perform alongside Sinfonia's principal musicians. Stillwell, who is on faculty at both Florida State University and the Brevard Music Festival, joins us as guest concert master on Copland's "Appalachian Spring" (13-instrument version) and Mendelssohn's "Octet" and will be the featured soloist on Piazzolla's "Las Cuatro estaciones porteñas" (The Four Seasons). The superb acoustics in Grace Lutheran Church will be the pitch perfect backdrop for this performance.
Violinist Corinne Stillwell entered The Juilliard School at the age of ten, where she subsequently spent 15 years, working with Dorothy DeLay, Joel Smirnoff, Earl Carlyss, and Samuel Sanders. A versatile musician, she is equally in demand as a teacher, soloist and chamber musician, and has spent 25 years as a concertmaster and orchestral leader. As a recitalist, she has performed at Carnegie’s Weill Hall, Chicago’s Dame Myra Hess series, and in Germany, Canada, and across the United States. With a repertoire of nearly 30 concerti, she has appeared frequently as soloist with numerous orchestras, including the New Jersey Symphony, the Nanjing Philharmonic in China, the Amarillo Symphony, the Greater Rochester Women’s Philharmonic, and on tour to Romania, Hungary, and Poland. Read more at FSU College of Music.
Classical Connections is presented by Silver Sands Premium Outlets and Sinfonia Gulf Coast. Tickets range from $29.50 to $45 per person. Tickets available online at sinfoniagulfcoast.org.
The 12th season continues Sinfonia’s tradition as a symphony redefined by presenting a stellar line up that celebrates the classics with a twist including:
- Oct 24: An Evening with Chris Mann with wine dinner at Flemings @ 5:30pm followed by performance at upstairs theatre. Grand Boulevard
- Nov 9: Classical Connections with cellist Sang-Eun Lee. Grace Lutheran Church @ 7:30pm. Destin
- Dec 15: A Rockin' Holiday with Mary Wilson of the Supremes concert at Destiny Worship Center @ 7:30pm. Miramar Beach
- Jan 26: Classical Connections featuring SYBARITE5 string quintet at Grace Lutheran Church @ 7:30pm. Destin
- Mar 3: Classical Connections with violinist Corinne Stillwell. Grace Lutheran Church @ 7:30pm. Destin
- Mar 31: Sinfonia Gala Event presenting the world premiere of Meredith Willson’s The Music Man in Concert at Emerald Coast Convention Center @ 7:30pm. Fort Walton Beach
- May 27: Sinfonia Goes Pops concert in Alys Beach amphitheater over Memorial Day weekend. Alys Beach
As the region’s only fully professional symphony orchestra, Sinfonia Gulf Coast is committed to presenting high-caliber events and providing much-needed educational initiatives throughout the Northwest Florida Gulf Coast region. Proceeds from the all events benefit Sinfonia Gulf Coast and its music education programs, which include musicians/guest artists in schools, free orchestra concerts, bus transportation for students, Sinfonia Youth Orchestra program, Arts in Medicine with Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast, LINK UP concerts with third through fifth grades in participation with Carnegie Hall’s Weill Institute of Music, the annual Paint the Music Project and more.
SoWal.com is a proud Presenting E-media Sponsor for Sinfonia's 12th season. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit SinfoniaGulfCoast.org or call 850-460-8800. Stay social for updates on upcoming concerts and special events all season long on Facebook: Sinfonia Gulf Coast. Find Sinfonia on Instagram and Twitter too. Join us and be a part of the conversation using #SinfoniaGulfCoast.
Map of this Event