Where the Wild Things Run 5K at E.O. Wilson Biophilia Center
Let the wild rumpus start! Celebrate Earth Day on a race through the woods during the Where the Wild Things Run 5K at the E.O. Wilson Biophilia Center, Saturday, April 23 at 7 am.
The 5K Trail Run course will take you through parts of Nokuse Plantation, a 53,000 acre conservation area. The challenging terrain will highlight the diversity and beauty of the property surrounding E.O. Wilson Biophilia Center. Runners, joggers and walkers of all ages are welcome. This trail is NOT stroller or pet friendly.
- 7:00 AM: Registration and Race Packet Pick-Up
- 8:00 AM: 5K Trail Race Start
- 9:30 AM-12:00 PM: Celebrate with food, music & interactive museum/exhibits
- 10:30 AM: Awards Announced
- Runners will park in gravel lot located in front of main Biophilia Center building. Check in and Registration will be located on front boardwalk in front of main building.
- Runners will walk/warm up through Biophilia trails to get to starting line (approx. 1 mile from main building). Biophilia staff will also be shuttling people out to the starting line via golf carts. (Please arrive early to ensure enough time for transportation to race start.)
- Celebrate after the race with food, music, and interactive exhibits at the Biophilia Center's main building.
The E.O.Wilson Biophilia Center is a non-profit environmental education center with the mission to educated students and visitors on the importance of biodiversity, to promote sustainability, and to encourage conservation, preservation and restoration of ecosystems. The center is nestled in the Longleaf Pine ecosystem, which is considered the 6th most biodiverse area in the continental U.S. and less than 2% of it remains intact today. To learn more, go to eowilsoncenter.org and visit E.O. Wilson Biophilia Center on Facebook.
More Events at E.O. Wilson Biophilia Center
|10:00 am||Biophilia Center Camp Longleaf Groundbreaking Ceremony and Celebration||E.O. Wilson Biophilia Center|