• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The Friends of Eden Gardens along with Eden Gardens State Park and the
Residents of Point Washington will be hosting the annual Candlelight Holiday Open House on Saturday, December 9, 2006. Guided Tours of the beautifully decorated historical house, streets lined with luminaries and soft sounds of harp and flute floating under the canopy of old oak trees will highlight this event.

Wesley House tours begin at 4:30 pm for those in need of special assistance and 5 pm-7:45 pm for the General Public. Jim Foley will
once again direct the placing of the luminaries with the assistance of Boy
Scout Troop 562 of Point Washington. Girl Scout Troop 352 of Niceville will act as tour guides and several troop members will be playing the harp. Great holiday gifts will be available at the Fig Leaf Gift Shop and light
refreshments will be served in the pavilion. Admission is free although
donations are appreciated. Call 850-231-4214 for further details or visit
the website for Friends of Eden Gardens at www.friendsofedengardens.org

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Oh how I wish I could go! :sosad:
I am sure it is quite beautiful!

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
I love Eden Gardens and the Wesley Mansion. Sure wish Kurt could get some pictures but they do not allow pictures taken inside. That's what we were told when we went through it year before last. I am sure it is decorated beautifully during the Holidays. Would love to be there also. :sosad:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Oh how I wish I could go! :sosad:
I am sure it is quite beautiful!
You can always take Kurt's virtual tour of Eden's Candlelight Christmas tour. I can give you some play by play of details of the rooms and make up the things I don't remember. I think Kurt's photos of Eden Christmas tour are on SoWal.com somewhere, and you can also see Kurt's photos on Friends of Eden's website. Here is one tidbit that I remember from the tours in the past. (It is possible that the tour hosts have their info mixed up too). The Wesley Mansion at Eden Gardens contains the second largest collection of Louis the ??? (XVI - I think) furniture in the US. To go along with the beautiful furniture, there is Sears wallpaper in the dining room. :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I love Eden Gardens and the Wesley Mansion. Sure wish Kurt could get some pictures but they do not allow pictures taken inside. That's what we were told when we went through it year before last. I am sure it is decorated beautifully during the Holidays. Would love to be there also. :sosad:
They never mentioned that I couldn't take photos the last few years. Maybe on the regular daytime tour, that is a policy. :dunno:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
They never mentioned that I couldn't take photos the last few years. Maybe on the regular daytime tour, that is a policy. :dunno:

We did go in the afternoon so maybe that is what it is. They mentioned something about the flash of the cameras fading the material on the furniture. :dunno: I would love to see Kurt's virtual tour of the Candlelight Christmas Tour. Clicked on your link, those are good pictures.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
We did go in the afternoon so maybe that is what it is. They mentioned something about the flash of the cameras fading the material on the furniture. :dunno: I would love to see Kurt's virtual tour of the Candlelight Christmas Tour. Clicked on your link, those are good pictures.
Sorry, not really a virtual tour, but a photo tour of some of the rooms.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Memories of Christmases past - I fondly remember being the hostess in the "big room" with the Louis Whois furniture and Ms Maxon's mother over the fireplace each Christmas, from the time my aunt started the candlelight tours :love: until Friends of Eden took over...I couldn't do it now to save my life - that was many pounds ago - but I'll never forget dressing up, lace and candlelight. Brings tears to my eyes if I think about it too much. :blush:

A lot of things have changed, but it is still awesome. Anyone who is in the area next weekend needs to go. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a flashlight, as you will probably have to walk from Bay Elementary. Just get in line and let your heart be warmed.