• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

woodysgrl

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Hey everyone ! My family group of 10 wants to stay at Summer's Edge.
Is there a map of this community showing which house is where ?
We usually stay in Seaside and find their map very helpful.

Thanks, Cathy

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Cathy:

Don't think I've ever seen a map. Summer's Edge is all on Ryan street, with all but about 10 of the houses between Eastern Lake Drive and 30A. The rest are between Eastern Lake and the beach. All of them are within a couple of minutes walk to the beach.

Which house are you going to rent? I'll have a look at it on my walk tomorrow morning.

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
I know there used to be such a map on Beachseekers.com, but I don't see it on their website anymore (since the affiliation with Sandcastle Escapes it is noticably missing.)

woodysgrl

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Thanks for the replies.

I have been obsessive this afternoon and compiled a map for myself that
answered most of my questions about specific locations. It took a while,
but between 2 aerial shots and the fabulous emeraldcoasttours site, I
"placed" 15 houses.

There are so many great choices !

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
As TreeFrog said, Summer's Edge consists of Ryan Street, so all of the houses are within probably 500 ft of each other, if that much.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
The same folks developed both Summers Edge and Chelsea Loop, i think.

Chelsea Loop has its own pool, while all the Ryan street houses share a pool. There are less houses on CL, so that pool is a lot quieter.

jfrances

Beach Comber
Feb 2, 2005
Summer's Edge is a community with houses on 2 streets, N. and S. Ryan and Chelsea Loop. The community has 2 pools which can be used by any guest/owner on either street. The pool on S. Ryan is heated during the cooler months. There is one beach walk shared by all. It is a family oriented area, but most of SoWal is --- great area!