• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The boats are out and chasing cobia up and down the beaches. I hear reports of several nice catches today and yesterday. Sam Wesley, out of Grayton Beach, is reported to have caught a 60 lb cobia earlier today (Friday).

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:clap_1:

TNJed

Beach Fanatic
Sep 4, 2006
Seagrove Beach, FL
Just in from Seacrest and saw a 6'-7' shark munching on the boat's leftovers from this mornings cobia run. Probably no more than 4' from the shore. Several cleaned cobia heads and bones floating around out there.

Do these boats clean the fish on the boats and then toss the rest in the water? Good way to chum it up for the big fins!

Last edited:

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
Just in from Seacrest and saw a 6'-7' shark munching on the boat's leftovers from this mornings cobia run. Probably no more than 4' from the shore. Several cleaned cobia heads and bones floating around out there.

Do these boats clean the fish on the boats and then toss the rest in the water? Good way to chum it up for the big fins!

:eek:
Where in Seacrest?

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Hate to say it but folks from those boats toss all kinds of stuff of their boats. If their cleaning the Cobia onboard and tossing the head and rest then I suggest they've gone beyond the limit of 1 per angler per day. On a good note I saw about 40+ turtles in 2 days of cruisin and my legal Cobia soaking in Italian dressing right now.