• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Are these films available to purchase? I would love to see the turtle movie, and I would love for my sister to be able to see it. Or, can they be rented?

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Are these films available to purchase?

Some are, most are not. Many are on the circuit, hoping to get picked up. Many are made for festivals and wait to see how they fare, to then see if they can get a few thousand pressed. Best bet is to google the title, it will typically lead you toward the producer's page.

For all: which film did you like the most? the least?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I was not a fan of the first nature film - some of the bugs looked a little too cockroachy for me, but loved the frogs and lizards!

Many great films as usual, though I decided that subtitles should go on the top instead of the bottom (my spanish skills got a refresher course during the tortuga film).

The lawn movie was hilarious. I now can't look at a lawn service mower w/o thinking sloppy seconds! :funn:

I was only there on Friday, but my favorite was "Emmy."
I really enjoyed the base-jumping film, too. Nothing I didn't like, but I got a little squeamish with the bug close-ups.

Still my favorite 30-A Event!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
My favorite was Emmy- uplifting and heartbreaking in one movie. Wow. Second was the Merganser ducks, then GrannyD.

Least favorite- the climbing movie on Saturday night. Probably because I am not really interested in climbing, and thought the climbing dude/guru came off as a prick. The scenery was beautiful though-

grace

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2007
here & now
I loved the mountain biking film on Friday. Moab is such a magical place. Also loved the turtle flick. What an amazing man. It took a lot of courage to go against the traditions and beliefs of his village.

I loved the mountain biking film on Friday. Moab is such a magical place. Also loved the turtle flick. What an amazing man. It took a lot of courage to go against the traditions and beliefs of his village.

Now...about that tar? ;-)

BayouBelle

Beach Comber
Oct 13, 2006
I thought all of the films were really interesting - some humorous, some heartwrenching, some inspiring. But most importantly, each film made me think about something - a person, a situation, a process - in a different way.

From a sheer entertaiment perspective, I really liked the film showcasing Ryan Leech and his mountain bike skills on that trail/course. He was amazing.