• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
:clap: I can't wait to fall on my arse, but we're going anyway.

Have fun!! It will be great today since it's not 78 degrees and 90% humidity! Maybe you can even wear mittens for a few minutes and be authentic!

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Ice skating in Florida- yay! Kate and I did a test skate at Baytowne yesterday. They have a portable rink set up inside of a tent. It is located near the outdoor stage area- you can't miss it. No broken bones.:blink:

Thanksgiving week hours are 2-10 pm, $6 to skate, and $2 for skate rental. Not many people had their own skates, and the rental skates are functional, but you won't look like a figure skater.:lol:

A store employee that I spoke to told me that will be going on through NYE, but Baytowne is trying to work out a way to keep it up through February. The problem is a symphony show on NYE, so they probably need the space occupied by the rink.

It was weird seeing people ice skate in shorts and t-shirts!

http://www.baytownewharf.com/events.asp

Sounds like a funn mother daughter outing. :cool: :clap:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Small rink, too many unsupervised kids, the quality of ice you'd expect from an outdoor rink in florida, and FUNN, FUNN, FUNN! :D

I will be making at LEAST one repeat visit!

p.s. You don't have to know how to skate. I don't think my friend let go off the wall all night but still had a great time!

Last edited:

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach
I tried the rink out this weekend.

Funn, but like Scooter says, pretty rough ice and even rougher skating abilities on display.:D

Now, I have been out of Canada a long time, eh, and I thought my skating was bad but wow! Funny to watch for sure.

Just look out for falling Floridians. One lady (not her fault) fell into the back of my legs causing me to land hard on my knees. Ouch. I have a nice bruise to show off and everything............

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
51239727.jpg

Went this weekend and very surprisingly did not fall once. However my arms are tired from windmilling. I suggest getting the hockey skates if you've never skated before. They seem to have a lot more support.

Redd

Beach Fanatic
May 7, 2007
Yeah, it's pretty small, but it is pretty funny to ice skate in Florida!

I agree
my wounded wing stopped me from getting on there
It sure was teen central as well take a taser lol
good plan would be to have adult hour or something so the ankle biters dont get sliced and the good kids dont run over the less talented

oh yeah and keep the wine bar open til after 10 on weekends for an after skate warm up shot

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Woo hoo- ice skating is back! Blades of Glory, babeeee!:clap:

Hours are 4- 10 pm on weekdays, 11-10 pm Saturdays, and 12-6 pm Sundays.

Now through December 5th, free or discounted admission to anyone bringing a coat for the Coats for Kids Christmas drive. (I have no idea why it is free or discounted- just repeating what I read in the Sun).