• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beach blessings

Beach Lover
Jan 9, 2008
We would like to get the feedback from everyone about starting the 1st chapter of Fishin Chix here on 30A. Go to www.fishinchix.com for national info.
We have started the ground work for doing so and would like to find out who would be interested. The organization is for women only; although men can help out from time to time...Giving women a networking opportunity, while also enjoying friends, cocktails, and of course FISHING! Yes, Girls we will learn from our own Bo Walker how to fish these here waters!

If you may, it is sort of the alternative to the red-hat society for baby-boomers. We already have the commitment of Stinky's Fish Camp, Hurricane Oyster Bar & Grill, Blue Orleans, and Sally's Backside to host our weekly happy hour, and Bo will be joing us for a lesson on FISHING. So don't worry if your never fish, or love it...we are sure to have a great time!

Last edited by a moderator:

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
We would like to get the feedback from everyone about starting the 1st chapter of Fishin Chix here on 30A. Go to www.fichinchix.com for national info.
We have started the ground work for doing so and would like to find out who would be interested. The organization is for women only; although men can help out from time to time...Giving women a networking opportunity, while also enjoying friends, cocktails, and of course FISHING! Yes, Girls we will learn from our own Bo Walker how to fish these here waters!

If you may, it is sort of the alternative to the red-hat society for baby-boomers. We already have the commitment of Stinky's Fish Camp, Hurricane Oyster Bar & Grill, Blue Orleans, and Sally's Backside to host our weekly happy hour, and Bo will be joing us for a lesson on FISHING. So don't worry if your never fish, or love it...we are sure to have a great time!

sounds like funn....I have only fished in fresh water....I guess fishing is fishing:D

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Well I have drank with Bo before but never fished! I hear he is pretty good at it. I would LOVE to get involved in this since the hubby wont take me anymore because I always out fish him. Let me know when.. I'm in!
"Taco flavored Doritos
And my orange life vest... FISH ON!"

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I'm in*! I love deep sea fishing! :D

*As long as I don't have to take the fish off the hook or clean it! ;-)

Or bait the hook with live fish! (leeches, squid, fish pieces all okay).

Last edited:

beach blessings

Beach Lover
Jan 9, 2008
:clap:Wow, the interest is GREAT! Yes, it will be a blast to be able to get together and have a good time while networking among one-another. Stay tuned to SoWall for more details...Our first meeting will be Mid February... Tuesdays will be the happy hour day each week. This way everyone should be able to attend at least one a month...or more of course! There are three tournaments a year for us to compete in...great exposure for 30A. Make sure to go to www.fishinchix.com for all deatils on history and such of the organization. As I said earlier, this is the 1st Fishin Chix chapter, it has only been national membership thus far. We will start with the membership drive in February and March then we will begin the local activities and fishing camps.

Last edited by a moderator:

beach blessings

Beach Lover
Jan 9, 2008
For all info on Fishin Chix got to www.fishinchix.com . This will give you history, tournaments, and all else...

Girls Rule! As they say..Give a girl a fish...she will eat. Teach a Girl to Fish and she will feed the thousands!

Yes, Capt Bo Walker is one of the best for the type of fishing we will compete in. Bo will be helping to organize the fishing camp each month...this will be a way for everyone to learn and get ready for the tournaments. Cyndi Eastburn is working on the design for our local 30A Chapter T-Shirt. Exciting! The boys bettter watch out...here we come!