• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

RepComic

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2007
The Blithe Spirit Press Release:

After months of controversy and delay, Noel Coward?s farce, Blithe Spirit, will find its home on stage at the Seaside Repertory Theatre at the end of February. The play, which had been previously contested as part of the curriculum at South Walton High School, will feature an all high school cast and crew. After news that the play would not be able to be performed at the school, the Rep decided to host the production and give the students a chance to put on the 1940s era play.

?We saw this as an opportunity to show our support for a play that has been performed for six decades,? says Director Kevin Boyle. ?This is a wonderful comedy that has been put in the wrong light. These actors should be given the chance to experience one of the best British playwrights of the 20th Century.?

The play tells the comedic story of a man named Charles, who comes face to face with his deceased ex-wife after taking part in a s?ance in is home. Hilarity ensues as the medium, Madame Arcati, extravagantly goes through the motions of reaching out beyond the grave in the quirkiest ways.

The Rep emphasizes the importance of not taking the play too seriously. ?If someone were to read this play cold, it could come across as a very dark play. But once it is performed the way it should be, fans of Monty Python and Mel Brooks will feel right at home,? Boyle says, adding that ?this play is a great vehicle for these student actors to showcase their talent.?

As an added bonus, all proceeds raised from the performance will go to the newly formed Rep Internship Program. This program will offer hands-on experience for high school and college students looking to be a part of a professional regional theatre. ?We have already received a number of donations that have been earmarked as contributions in support of the Rep doing this play,? Executive Director Craige Hoover explains. ?We have gotten a lot of positive community support.?

Blithe Spirit will have a three night run, February 27th-29th at 7:30 PM in the Seaside Meeting Hall Theatre. Tickets go on sale February 13th and cost $15 each. For ticket reservations, call (850)231-0733.

RepComic

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2007
Tickets are selling fast, call 231-0733 or go online to make your reservation today!

If you aren't able to make it to the show but would still like to donate to the Rep Internship Program, click here. Click on the "JustGive.org" link and specify your donation for the "Rep Internship Program." You can also donate over the phone.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Tickets are selling fast, call 231-0733 or go online to make your reservation today!

If you aren't able to make it to the show but would still like to donate to the Rep Internship Program, click here. Click on the "JustGive.org" link and specify your donation for the "Rep Internship Program." You can also donate over the phone.

Yes, I heard this bit of news today.;-)

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
NO WAY--I thought it was this weekend!

Dangit--I'll be rolling into town about the time it ends on Friday...

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Have a wonderful run kids. I know it will be good. :clap: