• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Nice performance last night, an excellent comedy by Noel Coward. The students were having so much fun and delivered the show great aplomb. I'm glad the community is getting a chance to see this troupe put on this show. It's a strong testament to "where there's a will, there's a way" It's sad that an ugly, little group of small minded people could have influenced the school board over the arts. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth and a dark cloud over the school board. Hopefully they(the school board) will attend, realize their error, and amend their thinking.

As noted thespian Spock was fond of saying "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one".

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
It does seem that sometimes when we are challenged, we rise above and create new and better ways of doing something. Everyone's performance last night was incredible. I go to every play the REP puts on, and this performance was right up there near the top. I'm impressed. Who knew that SoWal High School had so much acting and production talent? I didn't. WoW! The play itself, is a hilarious comedy, and I'm not sure that the people who protested the school for attempting to perform the play, know up from down. It was my understanding that those protesters thought that the play would convert Christians to something else. I think those protestors would be better off trying to get "Wife Swap" off of the TV. If Jesus, himself, had been in the audience, he would have been laughing, too. Some people need to lighten up. Shame on them. However, secretly, I am glad it was banned, because that will just draw more attention to these student/actors for taking a stand in a controversial situation. They grew because of the banning, and I was able to see the play in the intimate setting of the REP.

Great job to all who were part of this production! I'm not sure if they have any tickets remaining for the other shows, but if you up for seeing a funny play, turn off the TV and pick up the phone to reserve your tickets.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
However, secretly, I am glad it was banned, because that will just draw more attention to these student/actors for taking a stand in a controversial situation. They grew because of the banning, and I was able to see the play in the intimate setting of the REP.

I wouldn't have seen it if they performed it at the high school. Thanks to those twits getting it banned the show got a larger audience! :rofl:

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
Those students were acting like they were born for the theater. The chemistry between the actors was incredible and I am sure the direction had quite a lot to do with it. Kudos to Kevin Boyle for an outstanding production. The play was hilarious and as I sat there my mind tried to imagine what it was like being at theater in the early 1940's in war torn London during the blitzkrieg. The play certainly helped take the strain of war off the minds of Londoners, at least for a few hours, during those perilous times. Things always happen for a reason......I am glad for the close-mindedness of the school board because it opened the door of opty for a great play to be performed by young, enthusiastic, and talented actors at the REP. It was a memorable evening of theater enjoyed by all. Thanks to everyone for a great evening !! :clap:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
I'm not sure that the people who protested the school for attempting to perform the play, know up from down

Sadly this is the case with many things, that people are against something out of fear based on ignorance, instead of intelligence based on fact.

Kudos to all that allowed this production to go on. I only wish I could have been there to see it. :clap:

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
sP2290044.jpg

The show comes to a close tonight. Get your tickets, NOW, if they haven't already sold out!

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Bravo, bravo, bravo--:clap:

I wish I lived here so that I could tell you how proud I am to be part of this community. Kevin quoted someone who said that true change arises from conflict; I was thoroughly impressed with the "blithe spirits" that were represented on stage. In the Q & A following the show, their focus was not on the conflict, but from the amazing opportunity that was offered to them by the Seaside Rep.

Spectacular show, spectacular spirit...thank you!