• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Joyce Johnson

Beach Crab
Jul 23, 2008
If I read the candidates financial reports correctly, it appears that once again Charlie Hilton is trying to buy a candidate. This time it's in Walton County. Now let me think about this. Are there promises being made? By whom-To whom?
Buying candidates has got to stop. If the voters do not pay attention to who is contributing to who, we will once again have "Big Interest" money controlling our Politicians and their actions.
Walton County wake up! Hilton was defeated in Bay County, let's do the same here.:scratch:

WCcitizens

Beach Lover
Mar 25, 2008
Miramar Beach
Pretty good for your 1st post. Sign up......and go to bashing. :rotfl:

Who cares who donates to who? If I'm not mistaken Hilton owns quite a bit of property in Walton Co also.

Johnny Post

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2008
I assume she is referring to the donations to Mr. Adkinson. From my reading of the reports, it looks like a lot more people than just Mr. Hilton were willing to open their checkbooks for him.

Almost $50,000 raised at this point. Thats pretty strong.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Joyce Johnson, are you suggesting we shouldn't vote for someone who could perhaps be the best candidate, solely because Charlie Hilton donated to his campaign?

Would you be related to Sheriff Johnson?

Joyce Johnson

Beach Crab
Jul 23, 2008
Who's bashing? I do feel that as citizens of Walton County we need to make informed decisions when we vote. Don't you ask questions about who you vote for?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
After the WAVE fiascos, I would like to be alerted anytime someone makes a large or potentially suspicious donation. :wave:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Who's bashing? I do feel that as citizens of Walton County we need to make informed decisions when we vote. Don't you ask questions about who you vote for?

I think asking questions is needed, always, hence my question as to your relationship with Sheriff Johnson. Also, you need to address my question. Does one person's support for a candidate mean that he or she is not the best candidate, and that we should vote for someone else? Looks to me like many respectable people have donated as much to Mike Adkinson's campaign as Charlie Hilton.

Here is the link
to search for campaign contributions.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Doesn't Mr. Adkinson live in Bay County currently? Did it ever occur to someone that Mr. Hilton is supporting him so that he'll leave the county.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Doesn't Mr. Adkinson live in Bay County currently? Did it ever occur to someone that Mr. Hilton is supporting him so that he'll leave the county.

Tony Cornman (looks like Comman on the ballot), is the only candidate in the Sheriff's race reported as currently residing in Bay County. Adkinson is the Chief of Police in Defuniak, if I'm not mistaken, so he wouldn't be leaving the area.