• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
I cannot join you all tomorrow!!! I am so upset - I really wanted to join in - Jdarg or Punzy: i am going to have to call you to get details and see how I can help!!

BeachArkie

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2008
Seagrove
What time does this party start? 6:30 or 7?

I can't wait to see those signs! :wave:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
What a fantastic evening- according to the gate count, we had 93 attendees at the convention party! Amore was loud and proud and very blue!

Thanks to everyone, Democrat and Republican, that came to the SoWal Democrats first big event. Despite the heat, everyone had fun eating pizza, visiting with old and new friends, watching the speeches and bidding on the hand painted signs. We raised a lot of money that will be put to good use in strengthening the momentum of the Democratic party in Walton County.

Special thanks to Rapunzel who had the vision for this party and made it happen. She has such a passion for this election and it is inspiring. Steeling1 and JohnR made the silent auction for the signs a complete success - they are so capable and talented and every event that they touch is a success. Sowalgayboi and Destinscuba provided the big screen so we could watch the speeches on the patio- you guys are so great. Of course Amory and the Amore staff kept the pizzas and cold beer coming!

Meigsart (Chris Meigs) donated 2 beautiful signs- true works of art. Thanks so much for your generosity, Chris. Two people went home with some special signs!

And thanks to all who bought a sign, contributed money to the campaign, and came and cheered on Obama! Watching his speech with a group of supporters was a very special moment for my family!:clap:

Oh! One more thing- I met so many great people last night- this area has so many wonderful folks. (and I hope the nice couple from Lexington KY that stumbled upon the party will come on SoWal.com!)

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:clap:...thanks for the report of the SoWal Dems! I thought about y'all all night and especially when Mr. Obama said those words you have all been waiting for! He was inspiring! Keep up the faith and spread the word. :wave:

P.S. just tell me who got the alien sign, please!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I had no doubt your party would be a huge success! :clap:Obama's speech was great! :clap:

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
:clap:...thanks for the report of the SoWal Dems! I thought about y'all all night and especially when Mr. Obama said those words you have all been waiting for! He was inspiring! Keep up the faith and spread the word. :wave:

P.S. just tell me who got the alien sign, please!

My favorite:Doh, other than the Sowal Wenches one.;-)