• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Josette

Beach Comber
Aug 23, 2008
I am really excited about going tonight. Are there still tickets? Is it still on?

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
I'm so disappointed :sosad:

Had the babysitter and everything...
We came at 8 and left at 10, but still didn't really know what the end deal was as far as the displays. When we saw them packing the projectors up we figured it was a wash. Anyone know?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
"It was just terrible," as I like to say to help keep too many people from crowding a really cool event. Early rain presented problems for some of the outdoor computers and projectors. They were hoping for only a short delay, and directed guests to the Pool area. There were a few projectors working, but only as a tease. Rain, humidity and circuit boards don't mix. Around 730p, the rain had slowed to only a slight drizzle, which soon stopped completely. The Pool was set up for the after the show party, but it quickly became the party, and everyone I spoke to, thoroughly enjoyed it, even though we didn't see much of the art. I think I saw nearly everyone I know at Alys Beach tonight, and I met a few new friends. The DJ was rocking the house from the deck above the pool. Bars and Food were served, and some football game was on a big screen, tucked away in the back. Eventually, the super-sized Wii was started up, and I think a few kids may now be nearsighted. That was big! Overall, it was a great time. The people at Alys Beach who set it all up were surely disappointed that it didn't go as planned, but we all had a great time, thanks to their quick thinking and contingency plans. Alys Beach did a fabulous job. I cannot wait to go back. Also to be commended are the architects who designed such an inspiring pool (It is so much more than just a pool.), and John R and crew for working on all of the tech stuff.
As many of my small friends say, "Do it again! Do it again!"

Neu!Turismo

Beach Comber
Feb 25, 2006
Seagrove Beach, FL
30-A Has Stabbed Me In the Gut Once Again...

But the night was all good. DJ Harry rocked the party, the crowd was cool, and the vibe was right. It was good times, but I poured a lot of hard work into this thing, and to not see the final result of it rips me up inside.

I do applaud Alys Beach for what they were going for. They've got a great place over there.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
But the night was all good. DJ Harry rocked the party, the crowd was cool, and the vibe was right. It was good times, but I poured a lot of hard work into this thing, and to not see the final result of it rips me up inside.

I do applaud Alys Beach for what they were going for. They've got a great place over there.

bbeasley_afisher.jpg