• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sandy Pants

Beach Comber
Dec 13, 2007
Everyone knows that for the health of it ROCKS, but I think that if Publix is going to be here and selling organic products we might as well have a greenwise. The more people who eat healthier foods and buy green cleaning products the better. And from what I understand they are more interested in Destin than sowal, sooo you face the dilemma of spending gas to go buy organic... but thats another story.

I would always buy my produce and supplements from for the health of it, but choices and competition are good for businesses. Well at least they used to be when this was a capitalist society... but again that's another thread.

danhall

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2006
danhallstudio.com
what's left wal-mart, winn dixie??

i was, in general, referring to the fact that the inital poster was ready to petition for another Publix. I think they are building again in this area anyway...

I agree that it is limited, but a few more neighborhood stores would certainly be better than another big box, if you won't go to For the Health of It. And if you think it is too expensive in there, just ask someone what are the most cost-effective buys, I'm sure they'll be happy to tell you...

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Yep, Publix has plans to open another full-size store, just one mile east of hwy 393 on Hwy98. There is plenty of competition for For the Health of It. Again, there are not enough people spending more for organic products in South Walton to justify a Greenwise at this time, and with people's spending tightening up, they may be buying even less organic products in the near future.