• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

greenroomsurfer

Beach Fanatic
Nov 24, 2006
Where Free Speech Is Allowed
A roundabout? Yea, that will go over like a fart in church! If it does go in I'm gonna plant my lawn chair and cooler and get a front row seat to absolute insanity!:bang: Put a caged boxing ring in the middle so the Motorist and the Cyclist will have a place to do Battle ( The Seagrove Coliseum )

You know, I should know this as many hundreds of times I've been through that intersection. But is there a house tucked away in the grove on the northeast side of that intersection? Obviously the northwest side is vacant. I don't think the people who have spent a boatload of money renovating the house on the south side of that intersection will be too thrilled with a roundabout in their front yard.

Like I said, so what if it gets backed up occasionally during the high season? What's the rush? Just plan your trips to avoid the lunch hour and 4-5 when construction workers are headed out. Or ride a bike to Publix.

Last edited:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I agree with GRS. :rotfl:

Roundabouts in general have their place, but 30-A isn't one of them. The word "cluster" comes to mind.

drivingtheview

Beach Lover
Oct 17, 2005
Agreed with all. How about this-do nothing! I believe a bypass already exists called Hwy 98:D. Nothing will limit the # of vehicles on the road, especially during the peak months. And you have to drive very cautiously/slowly along 30a anyway (especially when approaching 395 eastbound from Watercolor/Seaside and basically westbound from Seagrove). Signals and signs and roundabouts cannot alleviate this reality. When 30a traffic is an issue during the peak summer days I have found the beach to be a phenomenal alternative to my car. Please, please, please no more traffic lights!!!!!!

Someone else said it perfectly: It's paradise-what's the rush?

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
As a Seagrove resident, I'd say the jamup at 30A/395 is so infrequent as to render ANY investment there a waste. It only happens at the absolute peak, like 4th of July weekend. The rest of the time, it flows just fine. As I've often said, this isn't Atlanta, so what's the rush anyway?

If we just HAVE to spend some county $, let's put up a traffic light and turn it on only on peak visit times. The rest of the time, I'd bet the current 3-way stop would flow more traffic than a light. It sure seems that the Rosemary light actually impedes traffic flow rather than helping it, both on 30A and on Barrett Circle.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
As a Seagrove resident, I'd say the jamup at 30A/395 is so infrequent as to render ANY investment there a waste. It only happens at the absolute peak, like 4th of July weekend. The rest of the time, it flows just fine. As I've often said, this isn't Atlanta, so what's the rush anyway?

If we just HAVE to spend some county $, let's put up a traffic light and turn it on only on peak visit times. The rest of the time, I'd bet the current 3-way stop would flow more traffic than a light. It sure seems that the Rosemary light actually impedes traffic flow rather than helping it, both on 30A and on Barrett Circle.

That is the best solution I have seen yet!!! :clap:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
NO ROUNDABOUT!!!! :angry:

The only problem(s) IMO at that intersection are:

1) People in cars AND on bikes not obeying the stop signs and rules of the road.

2) People in such a hurry to get somewhere that they go flying down the unpaved side roads to "beat traffic".

Dumbest thing EVER to want a roundabout at a location where drivers can't obey a stop sign or understand a 3-way stop.

A roundabout also creates major problems for the larger commercial vehicles that bring in the items that keep most of our local businesses running.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
maybe they could install a couple of out of phase stoplights like the ones in rosemary:bang::bang: that sure would slow things down.

Actually those lights aren't out of phase. They have radar detectors on them. If you go speeding thru they will turn red. Same as the one at the WaterColor Publix.

NO ROUNDABOUT!!!! :angry:

The only problem(s) IMO at that intersection are:

1) People in cars AND on bikes not obeying the stop signs and rules of the road.

2) People in such a hurry to get somewhere that they go flying down the unpaved side roads to "beat traffic".

Dumbest thing EVER to want a roundabout at a location where drivers can't obey a stop sign or understand a 3-way stop.

A roundabout also creates major problems for the larger commercial vehicles that bring in the items that keep most of our local businesses running.

When they install a roundabout it has to work for all traffic. Generally the smaller ones in Tallahassee have a concrete inner curb for large trucks.

Actually those lights aren't out of phase. They have radar detectors on them. If you go speeding thru they will turn red. Same as the one at the WaterColor Publix.
Speaking of the lights in front of the Seagrove Publix, it seems to me that the light is green longer for Watercolor traffic than for 395 traffic. Doesn't make sense. Sometime I'll have to time it.;-)