• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Doing a peanutbutter bar transaction with AbeDrinkin' made me feel like I was scoring some crack.:rotfl:

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
What an amazing, wonderful weekend. Thank you so much John R and all who worked with you to make it such a success.

I enjoyed all of the selections this year, the ones that stand out in my mind at the moment:

Losing the Elephants - was so beautiful and powerful, very compelling. The story, the people involved, the filmmaking - all were fantastic. The Elephant Nature Park reminded me of the work being done by The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee http://www.elephants.com/

Shikashika - what an interesting glimpse into a unique Peruvian family and their livelihood.

Presence: 40 Days in Greenland - I was so impressed with these guys, their spirit and dedication. Watching their glorious runs down the mountains after such a trip to get to the top was exhilarating. The landscape was pretty cool too.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Hey Miss Kitty- look at Ben's blog entry, and scroll down to read about last year, and "Cougarville, FL" at Bud's.;-)

:rotfl:...omg, I can hardly breathe. I wish I had been called up to be their chaperones and fight off that wildlife for them. :D

I walked up the stairs to the bar and there was Travis, literally surrounded by six young-man hungry Florida Cougars. They were touching him and making inappropriate comments about how adorable he was. I locked eyes with him, he looked like a dog in traffic. I quickly turned around to exit the awkwardness and before I could retreat I heard ?this is my friend Ben.? It was too late, I flipped back around and let the old women play with my hair and giggle at us while slamming red wine as if it were their fountain of youth. Their pre-menopausal sexual predation instinct was on fire, and Travis and I had wandered into their $90 all-you-can-taste wine festival habitat. Just when we thought all hope was lost for a quick getaway, world champion fly fisher and Felt Soul movie star Frank Smethurst showed up. ?This is our friend Frank, he has his own TV show.? We were saved. I?d like to recommend that Florida?s Division of Wildlife begin a wild cougar relocation program [WCRP]. Simply tranquilize the wild animals with a dart gun at the bar when they approach a male over 15 years younger, load them into a cage and humanely release them back into their homes with their third husbands.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
:rotfl:...omg, I can hardly breathe. I wish I had been called up to be their chaperones and fight off that wildlife for them. :D

I walked up the stairs to the bar and there was Travis, literally surrounded by six young-man hungry Florida Cougars. They were touching him and making inappropriate comments about how adorable he was. I locked eyes with him, he looked like a dog in traffic. I quickly turned around to exit the awkwardness and before I could retreat I heard “this is my friend Ben.” It was too late, I flipped back around and let the old women play with my hair and giggle at us while slamming red wine as if it were their fountain of youth. Their pre-menopausal sexual predation instinct was on fire, and Travis and I had wandered into their $90 all-you-can-taste wine festival habitat. Just when we thought all hope was lost for a quick getaway, world champion fly fisher and Felt Soul movie star Frank Smethurst showed up. “This is our friend Frank, he has his own TV show.” We were saved. I’d like to recommend that Florida’s Division of Wildlife begin a wild cougar relocation program [WCRP]. Simply tranquilize the wild animals with a dart gun at the bar when they approach a male over 15 years younger, load them into a cage and humanely release them back into their homes with their third husbands.

Post hall of fame right there! :rofl:

I hope it drizzles for EVERY mountainfilm - weeds out the annoying kids and folks who like to talk during the films and gives me the chance to wear my beloved rainsuit :D.

Last edited:

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia

I walked up the stairs to the bar and there was Travis, literally surrounded by six young-man hungry Florida Cougars. They were touching him and making inappropriate comments about how adorable he was. I locked eyes with him, he looked like a dog in traffic. I quickly turned around to exit the awkwardness and before I could retreat I heard ?this is my friend Ben.? It was too late, I flipped back around and let the old women play with my hair and giggle at us while slamming red wine as if it were their fountain of youth. Their pre-menopausal sexual predation instinct was on fire, and Travis and I had wandered into their $90 all-you-can-taste wine festival habitat. Just when we thought all hope was lost for a quick getaway, world champion fly fisher and Felt Soul movie star Frank Smethurst showed up. ?This is our friend Frank, he has his own TV show.? We were saved. I?d like to recommend that Florida?s Division of Wildlife begin a wild cougar relocation program [WCRP]. Simply tranquilize the wild animals with a dart gun at the bar when they approach a male over 15 years younger, load them into a cage and humanely release them back into their homes with their third husbands.
We were just having a little funn!:shock: