• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaside Events

Beach Fanatic
Dec 16, 2008
SEASIDE Community Yard Sale’s Most “Outrageous” Purchase Photo Contest: Past & Present

Since its inception, the SEASIDE Community Yard Sale has become one of the top attractions of the year with more than 100 vendors filling the SEASIDE Amphitheater, selling a variety of items at extraordinarily low prices. Now we want to hear from you, the consumer. SEASIDE wants to find the most “outrageous” item that has been purchased at the SEASIDE Community Yard Sale. Send us a picture of the most unique item you have ever purchased at the SEASIDE Community Yard Sale for a chance to win dinner for two at Bud & Alley’s. Photos must be submitted to events@seasidefl.com no later than Monday, February 2, 2009. Please include your name, phone number, picture of your item and if you remember, the price you bought it for and the year in which is was purchased. The winner will be contacted after the February yard sale.

And not to be outdone by our first yard sale of 2009, if you think that the most “Outrageous” item is yet to be found, here is another chance to show off your purchasing skills. CELL PHONE photos will be accepted after the SEASIDE Community Yard Sale for the most unique purchase during the February 7, 2009 yard sale. Photos must be taken on a cell phone and submitted to events@seasidefl.com no later than February 11, 2009. Please include your name, phone number, picture of your item and if you remember, the price you bought it for and the year in which is was purchased. The winner will be contacted no later than Friday, February 13, 2009, and will also win a dinner for two compliments of Bud & Alley’s.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Can it be a digital photo? Some of us can't afford fancy cell phones that take pictures (which is why we shop garage sales). :wave:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
i bought one of my prized toasters there.

Maybe you will find a toaster cozy this year.

My "find" last fall wasn't funny, but it was fun. I made an inexpensive bulk purchase of CAA t-shirts for family and special little girls- thanks Steeling1 and the CAA!

I know there has to be more outrageous purchases out there- Lord knows I saw plenty of outrageous stuff to buy!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Forecast for the yard sale is 67 and mostly sunny! What a fun day! :clap:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
The Seaside Yard Sale is this Saturday, Feb. 7th!

The Seaside Repertory Theatre will be giving you 2 ways to shop!

Come see us at our yard sale table in the amphitheater- purchase memberships, "Rep Wear" (t-shirts and hats), get a cool Rep sticker, and find out about upcoming Rep events!

and

Come by the Meeting House Theatre where spring cleaning will result in the sale of costumes from past Rep shows, props, and other theater treasures!

Another fun day at Seaside- hope to see everyone there!:wave:

And here is a partial list of items for sale: (remember- these are clothes from the costume archives and props from many memorable plays!)

*4 matching men's nylon track suits- hot hot hot black with red stripes. Start your own rap group!
*even hotter- men's white mesh shirt
*enough pairs of jeans to open a Gap outlet
*Converse Chucks from The Stinky Cheese Man- awesome!
*lots of men's dress pants and sportcoats
*ladies going-to-church dresses (think Churchlady)
* one naughty schoolgirl outfit in size minus 0
* men's khakis with a gigantic booty prothesis sewn in
*warm PJ's and robes
*camo
*a wetsuit that still works but has seen better days
*a few items of "cougar wear"
* a blue guitar (have to see this!)
* a few vintage pieces
*accessories
*lots of housewares, knickyknacks, pictures/frames, fabric, pillows
*some electronic itmes that I know nothing about, but maybe JohnR, Kevin, Craige, or WCWay can comment on them!

:wave:See you Saturday!