• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
We were driving 30a east approaching Western Lake .....
when we realized that there was a horse & buggy on the road
not on the bike path .... but on the 30a:yikes:
This was a first for us .... has anyone else seen it ?
Think the company name on the back was Destin Horse & Carriage.

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
Yes, I saw it, around 3:30- 4:00. Hate to be a grinch, but completely inappropriate, slowing traffic to a stop as they waited to go around. Moving way slower than either a golf cart or a road biker.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Yes, I saw it, around 3:30- 4:00. Hate to be a grinch, but completely inappropriate, slowing traffic to a stop as they waited to go around. Moving way slower than either a golf cart or a road biker.

Yes, it struck us as very dangerous indeed. Would prefer to see the horses on the trails in the woods ... not on the streets

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I was caught behind on 393 headed north from 30A a couple of weeks ago. I agree it's a safety hazard, and the roads aren't even that crowded yet.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
What next?

A kiddie train like the one in Destin Commons? I do love a horse and carriage, but maybe just riding through Seaside not 30A. I agree just too dangerous for everyone involved.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I saw the pick-up spot in front of Red Bar Saturday evening. As if that area is not already congested enough... Skunky assured me it was for a wedding. Lovely to know it's still here. I was really missing the smell of horse potty in the street since we left New Orleans.

cater

Beach Lover
Nov 14, 2008
I think it's great and love to see them !!!
Get over it ........Some of the tourist are just as bad ..............

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
beautiful black horses. Staging across from Mystic Porte, just north of Grayton. Cool idea, but a true hazard to many, I'm sure. When we passed them yesterday on 283, I guess they had just started, and the horses were a bit spooked. It won't be pretty when people dart out on bicycles in front of the horses in Seaside. I think a more appropriate area for the rides might be in old Pt Washington around Eden.