• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Bought one on sale at CVS for $3.99 and my cat loved it so much, that I bought another when they came in... as a backup. The regular price is $5.99....but still a phenomenal bargain for such a soft and comfy bed. I dropped it down on the floor when I came home to unload and found her later already curled up on it. :lol:

I bought two and dropped one off at my vet who houses abandoned or lost pets. I asked the Manager at CVS to order more. They also come in red/pink/beige. The tag says go to http://www.cvs.com and look for Pet Central products. I did, but could not find them. Maybe customer service can help.

You may want to inquire at your local CVS about getting them in stock. Mine only has two or three at at a time. I'm sure Alaqua or 4 dogs would be most gracious for any donations.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Mango I too have bought these for many of our pets. They are great. When we had puppies each of their new owners went home with a puppy and his/her own little bed, blanket and toy. Our cats especially love them.

Great idea for Alaqua and other shelters. :clap:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Neither of my cats are into pet beds, but they love sleeping on those $2.50 polar fleece throws that show up in the dollar section of Target on occasion. Just fold over a couple of times until slightly larger than cat-sized and you've got something that's both got a little cushion to it and traps cat fur nicely.

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
My Rufus doesn't want anything to do with a dog bed unless it belongs to somebody else... then he's all over it! :doh:

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
Atlanta
My 12 yr old calico has taken over the large puffy bed purchased for my golden retriever. I bought a large bed for a large dog - but the young golden defers to the older cat and ends up on the floor most nights.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
Neither of my cats are into pet beds, but they love sleeping on those $2.50 polar fleece throws that show up in the dollar section of Target on occasion. Just fold over a couple of times until slightly larger than cat-sized and you've got something that's both got a little cushion to it and traps cat fur nicely.

I've used those for my cat, but she wanted to sleep on the top of the pillow of my love seat. The she would kneed while trying to curl up and her claws would occasionally snag the pillow, so I had to put a cover under the fleece throw.
Found this bed and fleece throws are a thing of the past now.
(Tried other beds, but she still wanted to lay on the pillow :roll:) So, ding, ding, ding, I found a winner.

FYI- I, I turn this bed inside out and the bottom part is very easy to vacuum and brush off. No more picking hairs out of the fleece throw. It now sits on the love seat, with a slip cover and yes, she actually fits in it and she is a big cat. It sinks down a bit and all I can see are her ears. :lol:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
FYI- I, I turn this bed inside out and the bottom part is very easy to vacuum and brush off. No more picking hairs out of the fleece throw. It now sits on the love seat, with a slip cover and yes, she actually fits in it and she is a big cat. It sinks down a bit and all I can see are her ears. :lol:

Awwww cozy kitty.

While my cats don't go for pet beds for sleeping, the senior feline did, for whatever reason, enjoy gettin' jiggy with the pet bed. And when I'd remind him that neutered cats weren't supposed to be into that kind if thing, he'd just look at me while he kept purring and humping away.

And yes I am bad cat staff for taking it away from him after a couple years of that.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
Awwww cozy kitty.

While my cats don't go for pet beds for sleeping, the senior feline did, for whatever reason, enjoy gettin' jiggy with the pet bed. And when I'd remind him that neutered cats weren't supposed to be into that kind if thing, he'd just look at me while he kept purring and humping away.

And yes I am bad cat staff for taking it away from him after a couple years of that.

:rotfl::rotfl:

I had a cat that did that to fleece blankets and yes, he was neutered. :funn:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
:rotfl::rotfl:

I had a cat that did that to fleece blankets and yes, he was neutered. :funn:

Neutered cat and Wesley's towels, bedspread, blanket etc here - but only after dragging said item to the middle of the living room floor where we all had to watch. I miss Dexter, but not that. :blush: