• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Tonight will be the first time I get to attend. Thanks for all the tips! :wave:

Did you stay warm enough? And did you enjoy your first Mountain Film?

I loved Mustang~

Huge crowd last night - most dressed for the chilly weather. The "bedspread wrap" was the new fashion statement- saw lots of people wrapped in their bed linens instead of sitting on them.:lol:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
heard something about bouldering on saturday in watercolor. Anyone got the beta on where and when?

One of the films was about bouldering. There was talk about a bouldering class on one of the WaterColor buildings. I think it was a joke but you never know with this crowd.

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2701422

It was a full house under the stars. There were a couple of images that literally made my jaw drop.

There was a film I really liked about a man named Vern who loves watermelons even more than I do.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Did you stay warm enough? And did you enjoy your first Mountain Film?

I loved Mustang~

Huge crowd last night - most dressed for the chilly weather. The "bedspread wrap" was the new fashion statement- saw lots of people wrapped in their bed linens instead of sitting on them.:lol:

One of the films was about bouldering. There was talk about a bouldering class on one of the WaterColor buildings. I think it was a joke but you never know with this crowd.

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2701422

It was a full house under the stars. There were a couple of images that literally made my jaw drop.

There was a film I really liked about a man named Vern who loves watermelons even more than I do.

I loved Vern and I loved Mt. Film.:love: Red Helmet was the perfect way to open it.

It was great. I did really good as far as the cold because of everyone's tips, but next year, I will add a thermal top under the sweater. I walked away from this feeling like I usually do from a good theater production, energized and inspired. John R, you guys are doing a great thing with this. Thank you:love: (even though you hate smileys)
I will be back for both nights next year, and I work to bring more people with me. Everything I saw last night moved and inspired me.

And thank you Scootybug, closer2fine and Honooe for finding us and making room for us to sit with you guys. It was made even better by being with friends.

Last edited:

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Sounds like fun. Could I ride a bike there and find a place to put it up? And will anyone be there that wants to sneak up behind me and sap me in the back of the head?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Great show. Thanks to all involved, and special thanks to John R, Jim, Justin, Stacy, volunteers, sound and audio crew, and Monark Events.

All I can say is "Carts of Darkness."

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Unfortunately, there isn't enough time to watch all of the cool movies submitted for Mtn Film, at Mountain Film (on tour). "Carts of Darkness" is one of those which is great, though may be too potty mouth and too long for Mtn Film's (on tour) current format.

However, you can watch it from home. The subject matter is sensitive, funny and reflective. Great film. Here it is... "Carts of Darkness" (As I mentioned, it has potty language, so careful on the volume if kids are around -- mostly the ef-bomb.)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
vern_at_van.jpg

Welcome to Vern Switzer's Official Web Site

puffy_cover.jpg
Lucy_Cover.jpg
hard_heads_cover.jpg