• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
..and to the Surfriders...I am so impressed with this group--they were all over the state organizing this event.

Where/how can I become an associate member? The days of my thinking about hopping on a surfboard are 'way past, but I would love to support their cause as a thank you for all they did, and will do, for "Hands"

Below is the link to join. Make sure when it ask which area you want to be a member of check Emerald Coast.
Once you are in the system we will keep you updated. As far as being a surfer no worries at all. Many member do not surf but are on board to help protect the surf area!

Mission Statement

The Surfrider Foundation is a non-profit environmental organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world's oceans, waves and beaches for all people, through conservation, activism, research and education.

https://www.surfrider.org/surfrider_membership/join/member_main.cfmhttps://www.surfrider.org/surfrider_Onc/join/member_main.cfm

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Looking back at the replay, it almost looks like Ft. Desoto whipped our butts. Not only did they seem to have more people, but they seemed gosh darn almost "organized". Surely the Beaches of SoWal can play that game. We demand a recount... let's see if DeSoto (wherever that's at) can field more HATS than we can, in the middle of March. I bet, if we did it again, pooled our resources, our handshakes, (and rented a dad-bum helicopter!) We could beat that beach...:blush:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Looking back at the replay, it almost looks like Ft. Desoto whipped our butts. Not only did they seem to have more people, but they seemed gosh darn almost "organized". Surely the Beaches of SoWal can play that game. We demand a recount... let's see if DeSoto (wherever that's at) can field more HATS than we can, in the middle of March. I bet, if we did it again, pooled our resources, our handshakes, (and rented a dad-bum helicopter!) We could beat that beach...:blush:

Lots of people in the Tampa Bay area, many of them retired and staffing multiple orgs like Sierra Club, Audubon, etc. Plenty of youth movement also.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Lots of people in the Tampa Bay area, many of them retired and staffing multiple orgs like Sierra Club, Audubon, etc. Plenty of youth movement also.

That doesn't necessarily mean we can't trash talk them into a "duel to the dune", handshake to handshake...Maybe they get more hands on the board, but do they get that dramatic flyby we will get...

Beauty hunter

Beach Fanatic
May 3, 2009
A special thank you to Kurt for your tireless and organized efforts to run sowal.com so everyone can have a common meeting ground, stay informed, and offer info. It is addicting and alot of fun. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and a curtsy to the moderators as well. God bless you, or don't worry be happy, whichever appeals to you. :wave::bow::love:

Don't worry about the friendship requests, just click the thank you button :funn:;-)