• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Rita is spreading the message via Facebook on her farm. No drilling done in flowers! Very creative.

26296_1286733621982_1639410154_6545.jpg

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
"You know, there are a lot of people here that don't even know about the damn spill. Have you seen or smelled any oil in the air? This happened 2x in a 2 years to our bay. YOu could smell the oil everywhere it was really awful. But this spill is historic."

I just received this email from a friend in California. I hope "Hands across the Sand" goes National because it looks like these spills are showing up everywhere since this one has gotten so much attention. Maybe once this goes to a more National level people will realize that oil and water do not mix!

I had dinner with a family member the other day and we were discussing the spill. His defense of why we need to keep drilling was that our beaches have been screwed up for 50 years so what's the big deal. Sadly, I am afraid that many that don't use the coastline lose sight of how valuable it is outside of just playing on the beach. Our only hope is educating the public on the tragic effects this spill could have on the entire Gulf Coast. I begin to believe until it becomes personal people just don't seem to care. :sosad:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
"You know, there are a lot of people here that don't even know about the damn spill. Have you seen or smelled any oil in the air? This happened 2x in a 2 years to our bay. YOu could smell the oil everywhere it was really awful. But this spill is historic."

I just received this email from a friend in California. I hope "Hands across the Sand" goes National because it looks like these spills are showing up everywhere since this one has gotten so much attention. Maybe once this goes to a more National level people will realize that oil and water do not mix!

I had dinner with a family member the other day and we were discussing the spill. His defense of why we need to keep drilling was that our beaches have been screwed up for 50 years so what's the big deal. Sadly, I am afraid that many that don't use the coastline lose sight of how valuable it is outside of just playing on the beach. Our only hope is educating the public on the tragic effects this spill could have on the entire Gulf Coast. I begin to believe until it becomes personal people just don't seem to care. :sosad:

Bobby, I think you are unfortunately right. The sad thing is that people don't even realize how personal it is...we are all connected--what affects the eco-system of the ocean, affects everyone of us...it's the Circle of Life.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
A lot of people don't realize just how pristine and gorgeous our beaches are - they think they are like other beaches they have visited. Other beaches, even other famous or "blue wave" beaches just can't compare.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
So is it official? June 26? Is it turning into a nationwide campaign that includes CA? Should also include VA! I'm all for NO DRILLING OFF OUR SHORES. PERIOD.

Thanks for any updates and info.

G