• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Where are they suggesting people park?

I don't know but surely they will be directing us to parking areas... I hope!

anyway, I just saw this in a fb message:

.. there will be a color guard for a 21 gun salute to honor 9/11 and kick off the festivities at 10am tomorrow...

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Emmy Award Winner Greg Barnhill to Perform at Centennial Celebration

Emmy-winner Greg Barnhill will perform a free concert at Gulf Place on Saturday, September 11th, as part of Santa Rosa Beach?s Centennial Celebration. The two-day celebration will be held at Gulf Place and commemorates the founding of the old Town of Santa Rosa in 1910.

?Greg Barnhill is bringing ?The Nashville A-Team? with him, a group comprised of some of Nashville?s hottest talents,? said Centennial Celebration spokesperson Johndra Culp. ?Both days will feature free live performances by amazing musicians, such as Cadillac Willy, Bryan Kennedy, Suzi Ragsdale, Eric Lindell, Mike & The Yellow Flies, Duke Bardwell, Washboard Jackson, The Steenos, Sonya Cunningham, the Tennessee Firearms and more. It?s going to be an incredible two days of fun.?

Culp said that the civic celebration will also feature vendors offering food, local art, unique items for sale and historic demonstrations.

The festival is being presented by Waste Management, with additional sponsorship support from Bud & Alley's, 30A.com, Beach 95.1 FM, WaterColor Inn & Resort, Seaside Cottage Rental Agency, Wachovia, Beach Technical Service Automotive, Andrews & Arnsdorff Realty, Vision Bank, 30A Television, Beaches of South Walton, The Red Bar, Trustmark, Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club, Gulf Cemetery Association and ResortQuest.

The event will be held at Gulf Place (located at the intersection Scenic Highway 30A and Country Road 393) on Saturday, September 11 from 10:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. and on Sunday, September 12 from Noon until 6:00 p.m.
Check out this complete line-up of live music and events!

Sounds like this is going to be a loud, noisy event.

Groovegirls

Beach Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
Be sure to check out Amore. They will have a booth on the green serving pizza ($3.50 for 2 slices), sodas $1, PBR $2(16 oz), Miller Lt and Coors Lt $2.50, Corona and Heineken $3.50 and wine $6. Full menu available in the restaurant including sandwiches, appetizers,dessert pizza (Apple Cin., Strawberry Mixed Berry, Blueberry), cheesecake, salads and more. Christian Mayes will be playing on the deck all weekend. Hope to see you there!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Happy 100 to all of us! What a wonderful community to celebrate all weekend!

We are hoping to get there today too. The planners and volunteers have worked very hard from what I hear, and there will be lots of info about the history of this "young" community!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
We are hoping to get there today too. The planners and volunteers have worked very hard from what I hear, and there will be lots of info about the history of this "young" community!

Its going to be a fantastic event! Proud of our community for honoring its history and everything that makes it so wonderful.

Unfortunately, I have a sick little boy here today so we won't be able to make it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow!:wave: