• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
page0001-8.jpg

:love: Ahhhh.....

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Two film titles announced: Bag It / Eastern Rises

Celebrating 10 Years of MountainFilm on Tour at WaterColor with Special Food and Wine Tasting

Celebrating its 10th anniversary, The Telluride Mountain Film On Tour returns to WaterColor?s Marina Park Amphitheater on November 5 and 6. To commemorate this milestone, the Festival will offer a special Wine and Food Tasting by Wine World each evening in the Culinary Pavilion from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. The films will begin at 7:15 p.m. To enrich your MoutainFilm experience, you will have the opportunity to meet lauded vintners, a world-renowned chef and several special guests from the Festival?s most acclaimed films during the two-day event.

Tickets to attend the Films, Wine and Food Tasting are $55 per person per night. Tickets to attend the showing of the films only are $35 for adults and $30 for children each night. Special pricing is available to attend both evenings. Tickets can be purchased at Tasteofthebeachfla.com.

The MountainFilm Festival on Tour at WaterColor is a two-day, multi-sensory experience of art, adventure, culture and nature. MountainFilm?s motto is ?Celebrating Indomitable Spirit.? The spirit celebrated may be of a vital ecosystem or a fragile one. It may be of an endangered culture or of one courageous soul. It may be of a grassroots sustainability movement or of the struggle of a species on the brink of extinction. In whichever case, it is always a spirit that is unique, important and eminently laudable. Films offer important environmental and social messages that invite audiences to celebrate, to contemplate, and most importantly, to get involved.

"Each year we present around 70 MountainFilm on Tour events around the globe and WaterColor is the one show I refuse to miss,? says Justin Clifton, Director of MountainFilm on Tour. ?This year we have a stellar lineup of films and guests - I don't think anyone will be disappointed. To bring MountainFilm to a place that has such a strong sense of community and a real vitality for these films makes WaterColor such a special stop on the road. I look forward to the next 10 years at Watercolor."

MountainFilm attracts locals, visitors, filmmakers, photographers, conservationists and explorers from around the region. Each year, movie goers gather under the stars at the WaterColor amphitheater, which is aside a rare coastal dune lake along scenic Highway 30A, and share two glorious evenings of exploration through film.

In 2000, the MountainFilm in Telluride Festival embarked on a new journey--MountainFilm on Tour. Since then, each year a selection of films from the International Film Festival are taken on the road to reach audiences who otherwise wouldn't have a chance to experience the Festival.

MountainFilm Special Guests

Several special guests including Ben Knight, Jeb Berrier and Ane Reeser and their son, William, will attend the two-day Festival. Berrier, Reeser and their son ? all residents of Telluride ? star in Bag It, a film that starts off about plastic bags and evolves into a wholesale investigation into plastic and its effect on our lives, bodies and waterways. Bag It will be featured on Friday night, November 5.

Ben Knight directs and stars in Eastern Rises, his first-hand adventure in the Kamchatka peninsula in the Russian Far East. Its enormous, wild landscape is threaded with rivers, swimming with massive mouse-eating trout and swarming with bugs and bears. In other words, this place is the Holy Grail for truly obsessed, halfway insane fly fishermen. Eastern Rises will be featured on Saturday night, November 6.

In addition to these two films, several others, which will remain a surprise, will be shown on Friday and Saturday nights.

Wine & Food Tasting with Celebrity Chef

Kicking off the festivities each evening will be an exclusive Wine and Food Tasting with Chef Bruno Vrignon, Executive Chef of Chefs de France, part of Walt Disney World?s Epcot Center World Showcase Restaurant. Vrignon has received numerous honors during the course of his illustrious career. He is a proud member of the Maitre Cuisinier de France (Master Chefs of France Association), which is viewed by many French Chefs as the highest honor in their industry. The organization?s motto is ?to preserve and spread the French culinary arts, encourage training in cuisine, and assist professional development.?

To add to the ambiance of the evening, wine and food samples will have a ?Mountain? theme. More than 100 wines, a great selection of cheeses as well as other delectables from the world?s mountain regions will be featured. Sample Stag's Leap Artemis and Mt. Veeder Cabernet Sauvignons, Antinori Antica and Jarvis Chardonnays, North Star Merlot, and other highly rated wines. Each person attending the Wine and Food tasting will receive a GoVino reusable tasting glass.

Pair these fabulous wines with exotic foods such as cave-aged Gruyere and Appenzeller cheeses, Sweet Coppa and Soprasseta salami, Moroccan cured olives, gherkins and freshly baked French baguette.

There will also be an a la carte menu available for purchase from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., which includes wine by the glass and bottle, beer, water, hot chocolate, buffalo sliders, raclette, bread pudding and more.

Join us for the 10th MountainFilm Festival?it is one to be remembered! For more information visit mountainfilmfl.com.

Rose Anna

Beach Comber
Jan 7, 2008
Blue Mountain
My favorite event of the whole year. I am counting down the minutes until I will be carting my lawn chair under the strings of prayer flags, then on through the concession tent where I will load up a big bowl of chili, grab a big glass of wine and head on out into the amphitheater where I will plop my backside down on the grass for a weekend packed with the ultimate of films. Then maybe a quick intermission trip to the fire pits for some smores.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
It was $30/$50 last year. :dunno: I will need to leave the children with the nanny. Hopefully, St. Joe will remember that this event is primarily attended by locals and bring the pricing back to realistic levels next year.

So who ended up being YOUR favorite Bond girl??