• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Around 5-ish, ssb. Please do come!

It should be pretty cool out there, so dress accordingly. I've got at least one extra folding chair, if anyone needs it. Maybe two more; I'll know after I visit the mini-storage. The sand will be wet, so everyone will need something to sit on. I'll bring pads and pens, the starter log, tin tub, boom box and music. Oh, and champagne. And thanks to Glenda, I've got a program for us to follow, but this is not "official" or stuffy. Just some sowallers who want to release the negative and embrace the positive in 2011. All are welcome!

Did I forget anything?

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
This is a good idea! I'm going to try to join y'all!

Don't have a dump truck big enough to haul all my 2010 negativity to burn pile, but transforming a '10-back-pack' to ashes will be a necessarily good start!

I think it shall all fit nicely in a bowl. who's bringing the bowl? :lol:

I do hope i can come. I'm at the mercy of my children....story of my life. :roll:

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
Dune-Ahh! Please come! And bring the man with you... I wish to hug the heck outta both of you in the new year!

Caroling

Beach Fanatic
I will try to come. Haven't done one of these since Madrakara in California in the late 1970s. Will edit my list, which has been building up since then. I've always thought bonfires with charcoal and smoke had no place on our crystal sand beach. Wonder if I can release that judgment with the others I need to let go.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
I think it shall all fit nicely in a bowl. who's bringing the bowl? :lol:

I do hope i can come. I'm at the mercy of my children....story of my life. :roll:

I heard there is mediFication for that these daze (and not just for mama ;-))

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Dune-Ahh! Please come! And bring the man with you... I wish to hug the heck outta both of you in the new year!

He's opting out (sundowner syndrome dontchya know?), has a message I'm to deliver to YOU, and sends good wishes for effective collective efforts with "the Coven":lol:

I will try to come. Haven't done one of these since Madrakara in California in the late 1970s. Will edit my list, which has been building up since then. I've always thought bonfires with charcoal and smoke had no place on our crystal sand beach. Wonder if I can release that judgment with the others I need to let go.

I too have pondered the atmospheric pollution aspects of sending out smoke clouds of negativity. I've sorta justified it with thoughts that if Universe-honoring native pipples squared it with The Mother then it should work for us too.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach

Caroling, we're doing this the right way. Our fire is contained in an aluminum wash tub and, once extinguished, the ashes will be bagged and disposed of.

As far as releasing negative energy into the atmosphere, I figure the Universe can dispel that far better than it can the manifestations of negative energy being carried around and inflicted upon each other. Plus, closing the ceremony with a glass of champagne dispels any latent negativity. It's shaman wisdom. . . . or bacchanalian wisdom, I can never remember which. ;-)

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
The fire is on par with burning a stick of incense in a temple or lighting a candle for someone in a church - yes, there is smoke and ash created, but it is being done for a greater purpose and will be cleaned up properly.

Plus, I'm a pyro and so IMO any intentional and contained fire is a good fire ;-).

Warm clothes, chair, bottle of champagne, plastic glass.

Did I forget anything?