• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Marukita

Beach Comber
Jan 22, 2011
I am looking for a puppy!
I would like to know if somebody is selling
or giving away a playful, loving, cute puppy. Any breed that gets along well with children could do but I would specially like one of these breeds : Westie, Beagle, Cookapoo, Dalmation or any retriever.

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
Yes, please try to adopt before purchasing! There are so many wonderful dogs that need homes, Alaqua and the other shelters in the area all have puppies!

Also, you may want to do a little research on the breeds that you're looking into if you've got small children--I know that dalmations in particular can be rather high spirited and play can get a little rough...

Believe it or not, I've always found that my best dogs have been mutts. Mixed breeds, adopted from shelters, always seem to really know how lucky they are to have been picked out to be taken home by a family to love. :love:

Good luck in your search! Hope you find just the right furbaby for your family! :wave:

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Go to petfinders.com, put in your preferences and search for great pups that need homes. I "online dated" my schnauzer before I adopted him. We are currently using it to help my mom find a new furry friend.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Just go to Alaqua. While there you might even want to consider volunteering as a dog walker or some other activity.

In fact, doing a little dog-walking once or twice a week would be a good way to get to know some of the critters first before choosing which you want to adopt. You know...sort of like test-driving.

Marukita

Beach Comber
Jan 22, 2011
Just go to Alaqua. While there you might even want to consider volunteering as a dog walker or some other activity.

In fact, doing a little dog-walking once or twice a week would be a good way to get to know some of the critters first before choosing which you want to adopt. You know...sort of like test-driving.

Hey... thanks for your respond.
I have been a volunteer for many things but never for a shelter. It would be a good thing to do with my kids. The only thing is that I went to the Alaqua shelter but it is not there (at the Emerald Grande) anymore. I check online and only found 2 locations one at Defuniak Spring (too far) and the one that I mentioned above. Is there a new location I am not aware of? Let me Know.

Marukita

Beach Comber
Jan 22, 2011
Yes, please try to adopt before purchasing! There are so many wonderful dogs that need homes, Alaqua and the other shelters in the area all have puppies!

Also, you may want to do a little research on the breeds that you're looking into if you've got small children--I know that dalmations in particular can be rather high spirited and play can get a little rough...

Believe it or not, I've always found that my best dogs have been mutts. Mixed breeds, adopted from shelters, always seem to really know how lucky they are to have been picked out to be taken home by a family to love. :love:

Good luck in your search! Hope you find just the right furbaby for your family! :wave:

Thanks so much for your answer!
I know everybody is right about finding a dog at the shelter and I must agree with you that mutts or satos (as some called them in Spanish) are the best!!!
Let's see where this search takes me and where and when I will find the one!:wave:

Marukita

Beach Comber
Jan 22, 2011
Go to petfinders.com, put in your preferences and search for great pups that need homes. I "online dated" my schnauzer before I adopted him. We are currently using it to help my mom find a new furry friend.

Hey...thanks for your advise. I entered the website and me and my kids have been browsing through it. It is a great resource!:dothewave:

Marukita

Beach Comber
Jan 22, 2011
Check w/ Alaqua - tons of animals looking for homes, including puppies.

Thanks for been the first to respond!
I have to tell you that I went to Alaqua the one here in Destin but there is an art exhibit going on where the shelter was located. The one in Defuniak is too far. Is there a new location in Destin? I even ask in a vet clinic but they did not know.