• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Does anyone have real homemade french fries from fresh potatoes (not frozen, with seasoning, or batter)? Five Guys at Pier Park and Ft Walton area great ones, but looking in SOWAL. Thanks for your opinions.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
my favorite are the red bar and nobodys touches the red bars onion rings

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
98 BBQ has hand cut fries, delicious. Also, Johnny McTighes. I have been wanting to check out the fish and chips at Maries.

There are some good fries in SoWal but you MUST know where to look.

OH, The Vue (Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club) - absolutely awesome small wedge fries.

I agree with above statement about Aegean - I love everything about that place.

Seagrove Village Market Cafe has very good fries.

The real and real good french fry is vanishing. The fake tasting (coated) ones are taking over, even in some of our favorite places around town.

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Little Italy in Grayton. Order a plate and sprinkle parmesan and pepper- I don't know if they are fresh cut or not, but they are the best and freshest fries I have had since moving here!

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
98 BBQ has hand cut fries, delicious. Also, Johnny McTighes. I have been wanting to check out the fish and chips at Maries.

There are some good fries in SoWal but you MUST know where to look.

OH, The Vue (Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club) - absolutely awesome small wedge fries.

I agree with above statement about Aegean - I love everything about that place.

Seagrove Village Market Cafe has very good fries.

The real and real good french fry is vanishing. The fake tasting (coated) ones are taking over, even in some of our favorite places around town.

I have to agree with you, 98 BBQ, The Vue, and McTighes.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
my favorite are the red bar and nobodys touches the red bars onion rings
Nicks on the Beach onion rings are hand sliced, dipped and breaded per order. They're pretty good.

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
McTighes...hands down!