• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MichelewithoneL

Beach Comber
Feb 1, 2017
Littleton, Co
Hello Everyone!
My family is moving from Southern California to the Santa Rosa Beach area in May of 2017. We are having a hard time finding a rental. I wanted to ask what areas ya all think are best to avoid the summer traffic, raise a family, and have good schools. So far, from my online research, it looks like Point Washington area and north of the 98 are areas we are considering...any other ideas? I have witnessed the traffic in the area and would like to try and avoid that, if possible.

We can live almost anywhere along the Emerald Coast- we both work from home. We want to rent until we know the area better and then buy in a few years.

My husband is from Auburn, Al and we got married in Seaside, have vacationed there numerous times but moving to an area from out of state is much different than planning a vacation! There is so much to consider...any and all help is greatly apprecaited!!!! TIA :)

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Hello Everyone!
My family is moving from Southern California to the Santa Rosa Beach area in May of 2017. We are having a hard time finding a rental. I wanted to ask what areas ya all think are best to avoid the summer traffic, raise a family, and have good schools. So far, from my online research, it looks like Point Washington area and north of the 98 are areas we are considering...any other ideas? I have witnessed the traffic in the area and would like to try and avoid that, if possible.

We can live almost anywhere along the Emerald Coast- we both work from home. We want to rent until we know the area better and then buy in a few years.

My husband is from Auburn, Al and we got married in Seaside, have vacationed there numerous times but moving to an area from out of state is much different than planning a vacation! There is so much to consider...any and all help is greatly apprecaited!!!! TIA :)
Consider Freeport for peace and quiet - at least some of it. For a bit.

seabythegrove

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2012
Look at Point Washington and the Bay area (Grayton Bsyou). You are close to the tourist action, enjoy the peace and quiet of a local and avoid the traffic. Freeport is another option for the same reasons although a bit further away.