• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Amy S.

Beach Comber
Apr 13, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Since we are all adults here, and you have all graciously let me speak my mind, I'd like to address a most puzzling issue that came to my attention last fall.

In discussions with a resident of Rosemary Beach, the issue came up that the postal code had been changed. The new postal code for Rosemary is now '32413' instead of what it formerly was. I was lead to believe in past years '32413' zip code had previously been assigned to PCB West, and parts of Inlet Beach, to extend to or just past Walton Co. border. Now, this insanity.

Let's dispense right now with the niceties and get down to what I really think about this. WHAT IN GOD'S NAME possessed some idiot postal management person or person in Washington D.C., to change a silly thing like a zip code? Never you mind its in ROSEMARY BEACH. Are they just effin idiots OR are they wanting to steal away the good name and reputation that Rosemary has? Perhaps this is an all out grab for more tax dollars, OR is PCB trying to hitch its cart behind the advertising train that has become Destin/SanDestin/SoWal? Whose stupid idea was this? Rosemary is not PCB however now that it's all '32413' zip code, tourists won't know the difference or care.... They will simply input the zip code, find a deal and head on down... I think to attach the two is a downright insult to the community of Rosemary, and 30A beware! The rest of your zip codes and privacy may be next to go! It's eroding each day! Did anyone else notice this little sham go on? What would be the purpose for it I wonder? Someone needs to pull their head out of their ass here over this dumb little move. Rosemary people move/live/rent there BECAUSE they don't want to be associated with PCB... I thought everyone knew that.... What an insult this is....

Now that I'm done ranting, and mind you, I don't reside in Rosemary, I'd like to hear thoughts and find out why exactly this was done. I know there are re-zoning things that go on, but across county lines? Seems a bit odd to me as one county cannot take any tax revenue from the other... Seems like a bid for free advertising on m end and I'd like to know who is responsible.

Garner

Beach Fanatic
Actually, the eastern end of 30A USED to be 32413 which is shared with PCB. The change a year ago was to make all of the Walton County homes that had been in 32413 into a new ZIP code, 32461. Rosemary, Alys, Watersound, Seacrest, etal. are now in ZIP code 32461.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Actually, the eastern end of 30A USED to be 32413 which is shared with PCB. The change a year ago was to make all of the Walton County homes that had been in 32413 into a new ZIP code, 32461. Rosemary, Alys, Watersound, Seacrest, etal. are now in ZIP code 32461.

This is what the USPS went to in July 2016

Thank you! 32461 it is for east SoWal: Inlet Beach to Seacrest Beach.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
As stated above, you are too late for your rant. Walton County addresses from Camp Creek to the Bay County line USED to have the zip code 32413, except for the Rosemary Beach and Watersound contract post offices, which got 32461. This led to all sorts of confusion.
Finally, someone in the postal system realized what we had been saying all along and granted the eastern end of South Walton the 32461 zip code.
And no, I don't live in the area affected but I do work there and in my previous employment I had to coordinate with my colleague in Bay County to make sure tax registrations from eastern South Walton got routed to Walton County. It was a pain.